Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kerry Livgren Cantata-The Resurrection Of Lazarus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry Livgren Cantata-The Resurrection Of Lazarus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Starjet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry Livgren Cantata-The Resurrection Of Lazarus
    Posted: September 09 2021 at 05:09
I can't believe he's finally done it! Kerry Livgren's new / very old baby, "CANTATA - THE RESURRECTION OF LAZARUS", has been releasedhttps://www.numavox.com/home.htm

I've been following its progress since 2006, first in eager anticipation and then slowly giving up hope (and between then and now Kerry even had a serious stroke to deal with!). Look at this entry from his website news page in March 06:

3/25/06: We get many inquiries about Kerry's Cantata. Kerry Livgren essentially finished composing his Cantata in 2001, an effort spanning over twenty years. (The word "finished" is carefully chosen, knowing the composer's penchant for re-working compositions) Unfortunately it keeps getting put on the "back burner" as other album projects materialize.

The Cantata is quite unlike anything he has composed before, yet has musical characteristics that will be recognizable as his work. "The closest thing I can compare it to, if I must make a comparison, is a modern musical production like "Les Miserables".

The Cantata's full title is "Cantata: The Resurrection of Lazarus", and is based on the Biblical account in the Gospel of John. The production work continues - the orchestration, casting, recording, etc., with , as Kerry says, "a cast of thousands". We're not yet ready to announce a date..

Edited by Starjet - September 09 2021 at 07:56
 Post Reply Post Reply