Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hammill Interview re:70s VdGG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hammill Interview re:70s VdGG
    Posted: September 11 2021 at 06:13
I interviewed Hammill for a peer-reviewed collegiate journal called Rock Music Studies (published by Taylor & Francis / Routledge), the hardcopy issue comes out in October but here is a link to the interview which was just popped onto the VdGG website.

The interview covers the 70s era of VdGG and the just-released box set. Speaking of which, has anyone gotten the box yet? I’m surprised there’s been no discussion of it here (other forums / FB groups are buzzing). It’s mammoth and wonderful.

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/ph_interview_aug21.htm
jc
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 08:02
Originally posted by bucka001 bucka001 wrote:

I interviewed Hammill for a peer-reviewed collegiate journal called Rock Music Studies (published by Taylor & Francis / Routledge), the hardcopy issue comes out in October but here is a link to the interview which was just popped onto the VdGG website.

The interview covers the 70s era of VdGG and the just-released box set. Speaking of which, has anyone gotten the box yet? I’m surprised there’s been no discussion of it here (other forums / FB groups are buzzing). It’s mammoth and wonderful.

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/ph_interview_aug21.htm

Absolutely wonderful interview. Well done.

Re the box set, I suspect the noise level is small owing to the price of getting such a product. They are not cheap.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
bucka001 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 09:08
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Absolutely wonderful interview. Well done.

Re the box set, I suspect the noise level is small owing to the price of getting such a product. They are not cheap.

Thanks. Yeah. I do feel it’s an unbelievably awesome box but I do understand that finances can play a major factor with something like this, fair enough

Edited by bucka001 - September 11 2021 at 09:09
jc
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 09:26
Hi,

Very nice indeed, and not pretentious and full of blarney. As he states about his work, it's the "honesty" that has ALWAYS been there.

I find it so well on par with the albums, that a GRATZ must be given to the author of the book, and his wording of the interview. As for the box set, retired and not having the extra money means no go for me, but I'm OK with that ... I was THERE in 1971 (or 1972) when I first heard "H to He" ... and I have never fallen off the bandwagon of the band, and have quite a few of the solos and love them dearly. So a lot of the comments, were already in my heart and it was fairly clear and obvious in Peter's words and his acting them out on stage or off stage.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 09:28
Very nice indeed! I finally had a chance to read it with an espresso with Sambuca. Very enjoyable~!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 13:37
Moving this to the interview thread.

Post Reply Post Reply