Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new Colouratura album, "Black Steeple Church"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progrockdeepcuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new Colouratura album, "Black Steeple Church"
    Posted: September 25 2021 at 11:15
Hi everyone, 

Ian Beabout here. I thought you might like to know there is a new Colouratura album coming this year. We've launched the first trailer which you can check out below. Preorders begin Friday, Oct 1 at our Bandcamp page.

COLOURATURA ARE:
Nathan James - bass, lyrics, arrangements, vocals, synths, drum programming
Derek Pavlic - guitars, viola, synths, keyboards, arrangements, microKorg Vocoder, drum programming
Ian Beabout - editing, production, arrangements, flute, drum programming 

With special guests 

Brandon Collins: drums
Derek Ferguson: electronic drums
Dave Trik: drums
Paul Sears: drums
Chris Boros: mellotron
Jacopo Muneratti: narration

recorded, edited, assembled, mixed and mastered by IAN BEABOUT at ShedSounds Studio

Photos by Ian Beabout, graphic design and layout by Eric Kearns

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 13:04
Thumbs Up noted!

progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progrockdeepcuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2021 at 09:09
** NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER **  

As of TODAY the new Colouratura album is available for preorder at colouratura.bandcamp.com. This is also Bandcamp Friday, which means we get 100% of the profits, no fees taken from Bandcamp.  

When you preorder, BLACK STEEPLE CHURCH, you will get 3 songs available immediately for download. One of these will be 'Blackheart' + another album song, 'Heavenly Dancer' and a remake / remix / remodel with new overdubs of an older song called 'Vesuvian Tidepools 2020,' which is an exclusive, digital-only non album track. 

PS - CDs are already in production, so if you place a physical order, I will ship your disc as soon as it's in my hands. Which means you could get your physical order by mid-late October, nearly 2 months before the 'official release.' It's our little way of beating the streaming vampires and giving a little treat to friends, fans, and family !!   

In the meantime, enjoy 'Blackheart' and 'Heavenly Dancer' - the first singles from BLACK STEEPLE CHURCH. Also, you can view a trailer for the album and check out a live, in the studio trio version of 'Icarus' in the comments, a song which is much more elaborated on the final album, but here presented in its barebones form.   

That's all from me and I hope you enjoy our new album ! It has been a labor of love, and a passion project in the making for nearly 4 years.  

https://colouratura.bandcamp.com/album/black-steeple-church

progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progrockdeepcuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2021 at 12:32
Just a heads up, our third album BLACK STEEPLE CHURCH arrived on CD yesterday and I shipped out the first batch of preorders (over a month before the official 'release'). If you have not yet preordered, you still can here - I will get your order out as soon as I can. In fact, I will be going back to the post office tomorrow! 

If you'd like hear some of this album before ordering, there is a new EP comprised of the three Bandcamp prerelease tracks (two album tracks, one exclusive) on all streaming platforms called THE BLACKHEART EP. Check it out ! 

That's all from me,

https://colouratura.bandcamp.com/album/black-steeple-church

Edited by progrockdeepcuts - October 27 2021 at 12:33

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2021 at 13:08
I'm IN, liking the samples!
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply