Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minimum Vital Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minimum Vital Appreciation Thread
    Posted: October 09 2021 at 17:59
I've been reading a lot of different threads around here, and it struck me that I've seen no mention of Minimum Vital anywhere.  I tried using the forum search feature, and still nothing came up.

So I just wanted to give a shout-out for this band, whom I hold in very high regard, post a couple of YT vids for those who haven't heard their music - and see if there were any other fans here...?

DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2021 at 18:50
At some point in the not too distant past I picked up Atlas. It's very good. What else by them is recommended?
ProfPanglos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2021 at 19:01
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

At some point in the not too distant past I picked up Atlas. It's very good. What else by them is recommended?

I've only got 3 of their albums, Esprit d'Amour, Capitaines, and La Source.  Of those, I prefer the first 2.  I've seen some YT vids of their newer stuff, and it sounds great... just haven't made the purchases (yet).

I'm not very knowledgeable about them, but sure like their approach to music - I think they've got a lot of originality.  The lady singing on Esprit d'Amour has a fantastic voice, I can't remember her name but I think her vocal ability rivals some of my favorites (Jane Relf, Maggie Reilly).  She doesn't sing on all their albums though.
DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2021 at 02:11
They are from the south-west of France near Bordeaux. I've got the remastered CD of Sarabandes and a DVD of Vital Duo.

Also this long track from Odyssey.

Edited by PhideauxFan - October 10 2021 at 02:53
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2021 at 09:25
Great band!!! Esprit d'Amour, Pavanes and Air Caravan are the only three I have and they are amazing. I need to get all of their records. One of the most undervalued bands on the planet.
The Prog Corner
 Post Reply Post Reply