FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peart Replaced? 3 shows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2021 at 07:49
It will never happen, but Marco Minnemann or Virgil Donati could do it. BTW, Alex has recorded with Marco.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - October 23 2021 at 07:51
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2021 at 07:39
I think Rush deserve a break, Geddy was struggling with his vocals on the last tour anyway. 

If they ever want to play Rush songs again, I hope they will not do it under the Rush name though... 

Plenty of drummers around. I bet if Mike Portnoy got a call to fill in, he would pack up instantly. LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2021 at 07:38
Despite his age I think Carl Palmer could pull it off. His CP ELP Legacy band shows he's still got it when it comes to the heavier stuff.
As for the 5 songs I really don't have an opinion on that.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2021 at 07:36
Hi,

I don't know ... I think I would go to Las Vegas to see family and the Raiders, but not sure I would want to see RUSH. The Cirque appears still closed, so, there really is nothing else in there worth spending money for/on!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnobvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2021 at 07:30
If we can dream up stuff, why not this?

Alex and Geddy are feeling restless and decide they want to go out with one last bang.   They schedule 3 final shows over 3 weekends in Las Vegas at the new Raiders stadium.  This place is palatial.  https://www.raiders.com/photos/las-vegas-stadium-first-look-18686811

The question is, what currently working drummer could legit pull it off and would also nudge you to book a flight, get a room, gamble your face off and go to this show.  You are also asked to give them 5 songs for their playlist they have to play.  You can optionally list them in addition to your drummer.  Obvious choices would be Portnoy or Harrison and I would do this for either.  Anybody else?

Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123