Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member.
    Posted: November 13 2021 at 13:06
Hello everyone!

Happy to be here.

I'm having a problem watching the videos, please help.

Thank you,

Bushi.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2021 at 13:09
Wwlcome to Progarchives.com.
Need more information. There are lots of reasons a video won't play. Are you receiving a message when you try to play one?

Edited by Tapfret - November 13 2021 at 13:10
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2021 at 14:14
Try turning your TV on. LOL
And that's how it's done here in PA Land.
Oh...and welcome. Thumbs Up

Edited by JD - November 13 2021 at 14:15
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Philchem8 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philchem8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 17:43
Hi everyone,
Just joined Progarchivea a couple of days ago and rated a bunch of albums but my ratings just disappear when I change page and I can't find any place where my ratings are stored. I looked under my profile but could not see anything. Anyone can help?
Thanks!
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 22:17
^You need to login on the main site using your forum login for it to register your ratings. Sometimes you also need to refresh the page in your browser after giving a rating (usually F5).

Welcome new members by the way.

Edited by Progishness - November 14 2021 at 22:19
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 01:00
Originally posted by Philchem8 Philchem8 wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just joined Progarchivea a couple of days ago and rated a bunch of albums but my ratings just disappear when I change page and I can't find any place where my ratings are stored. I looked under my profile but could not see anything. Anyone can help?
Thanks!

It’s up to you, of course, but I honestly wouldn’t worry about rating albums unless it is because you wish to look back on them yourself - as without adding a review, your ratings will not greatly (if at all) affect the overall ratings of the albums you’re rating.

(There are a couple of albums I’ve rated without reviewing, but that was completely accidental, and if there were an easy way to remove them, I would have done so.)

Edited by nick_h_nz - November 15 2021 at 02:18
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 02:11
To be honest I find ratings a bit tiresome - I don't actually login to the main site any more, just the forum.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 02:19
^ I simply find them irrelevant. If I could review albums without assigning a rating, I would. The only reason I rate anything on this site is because it won’t allow me not to.

Philchem8 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philchem8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 14:54
Thank you, I appreciate your help. And I will try not to take ratings too seriously, though I have consulted this site for some time before joining and have occasionally found the ratings to be useful.
 Post Reply Post Reply