Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion of the band - Unreal City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 08:03
A band I always enjoy when I listen to them--and I've posted very favorable reviews of their albums--but I don't find myself remembering them or returning to their music very often. Also, since they kind of rose to prominence concurrently with La Coscienza di Zeno, I often meld the two bands together (though I listen to LCdZ albums/songs far more often than Unreal City's). Still, enjoyable, accomplished musicians and compositionally. In truth, I guess I'm not much of a RPI fan--it is not a subgenre that I seek out very often.

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
prog_traveller!! View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prog_traveller!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2021 at 07:55
The discovery of this band was one of the very important and dear moments for me. To enter the world of this band means to enter the world of brilliant progressive rock in which all the elements of our dear music are woven. Layers and layers of beautiful keyboards, take us into the world of an eclectic symphonic story.

Unreal City are a group from Parma founded by keyboardist and singer Emanuele Tarasconi and guitarist Francesca Zanetta. After a short EP, which already gave an idea of their good potential, after meeting Fabio Zuffanti (producer of the album and member of Höstsonaten, La Maschera Di Cera, Finisterre) in 2013 we have their first LP, La Crudeltà Di Aprile - The Cruelty of April. The title is a tribute to TS Eliot who, is the basis of the ideas of Unreal City. In fact, the first verse of the Waste Land says "April is the cruelest of months". In 2015 they made another fantastic album Il Paese del Tramonto, and after that series of live performances that have seen them play several times both in Europe and overseas have consecrated the band as one of the best realities of the current prog. Frammenti Notturni (2017), is a masterpiece of progressive rock for me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12