Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: What is your LEAST favourite Yes 71-77 album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [9.20%]
5 [5.75%]
11 [12.64%]
28 [32.18%]
11 [12.64%]
24 [27.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argentinfonico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes albums
    Posted: December 02 2021 at 17:20
I think this poll can be interesting because sometimes I can't choose between superYes works due to their spiritual magnitude. With other bands it's easier for me, but here everything gets complicated when it comes to classification. Let's see what you think
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 22:28
The Yes Album --I know its a good album with good songs but I think Yes needed an amazing keyboard player to match the amazing abilities of the other 4--to really fly.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 23:09
The Yes album for me. I don't really need that album, for I don't really like (so much) any song on it except for Starship Trooper, and that one I like so much better on the Keys to Ascension version that I don't really feel like listening to the original one. Though to be fair, the same might be said of Relayer, since the one song that I do love on that one is Gates of Delirium, and the Symphonic Live version is also so much better for me.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 23:17
Going For
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 00:15
No!!!!!!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 01:00
TFTO easily

GFTO almost has a 'Yes tribute' feel about it but isn't bad. Still waiting for the lord god of prog to fix the production issues...
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 01:57
If forced, tentatively 'Fragile' if you think album rather than some of the outstanding individual tracks.  That said, I could live quite happily and not hear 'Roundabout' one more time...
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 02:12
Relayer, I just don't get the love for this one. Most of Gates of Delirium just sounds like a noise to me.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 03:06
CTTE. I just don't get it....
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 03:31
Really tough question - love them all - for me its between TFTO and GFTO. I've gone for TFTO just because it gets fewer spins from me than the others (still love it though)
Songs cast a light on you
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 03:38
Relayer wins easily here for me. Thumbs Up
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 03:42
I'll be controversial and vote for CTTE.

Great album, of course, but currently I simply enjoy it the least. I think it may be due to the relative anti climax of And you & I and Siberian Khatru, after the title track.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 04:05
The Yes Album today
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 04:26
When I first joined PA in 2005, through light hearted forum 'peer pressure', I struggled over many months to get into TFTO (I had previously tried and failed during the 80's) and finally gave up... the whole thing really does leave me cold, whereas ironically I actually like 'Gates Of Delirium'...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 05:42
Tales - it hurts my ears. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 05:46
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

The Yes Album today

so I voted the wrong way, didn't read the question properly and i voted for the favorite and not LEAST favorite.
 Least favorite - GTFO. 

Edited by Cristi - December 03 2021 at 06:39
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 06:20
1. Going for the One
2. Close to the Edge
3. The Yes Album
4. Tales from Topographic Oceans
5. Fragile 
6. Relayer
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 06:37
Relayer
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 08:56
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

I struggled over many months to get into TFTO (I had previously tried and failed during the 80's) and finally gave up... the whole thing really does leave me cold, whereas ironically I actually like 'Gates Of Delirium'...

Same here.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 09:21
Tales. I mean, what were the guys thinking.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>