Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is music (albums) or bands most important for you?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is music (albums) or bands most important for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 04:21
Originally posted by yogev yogev wrote:

(By the way, I've seen quite a few of your posts lately, just wanted to say you're making great content... keep doing what your doing.)   

thank you very much Smile
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 04:19
For me, the "music" (albums) is the most importent thing, thats what it all about. But I don't agree with people that don't bother checking about the band or the bandmates, the people behind it, people who do not read a lttle general information about the music they like. It maybe not affecitve to people here. In this website I know that the people are not like this... But you get my point.  

(By the way, I've seen quite a few of your posts lately, just wanted to say you're making great content... keep doing what your doing.)   

Edited by yogev - December 05 2021 at 04:21
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 04:15
Definitely albums, with an exception:

If I "witnessed" the genesis of a band and I loved them, I might embrace all their new albums.

This didn't happen with Myrath and Haken, but happened with Keldian and some other bands.

I met Symphony X in 2000, but love all their discography including their '90s stuff. This can happen too.

Actually, in general, I'm very choosy. These are rare cases for me.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 03:51
Albums obviously. Is it possible to answer the bands "themselves" over the music? I tend to not know much about most bands/artists beyond their music. And I rarely check out a new album just because I happen to like what someone did forty-fifty years ago. 
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2021 at 03:44

It seems to me that for some people music (albums) is very obviously the most important thing, they might even not care very much about the bands themselves. For some others it can be somehow opposite so, the bands become almost more important than the music itself.

How is it for you?

Edited by David_D - December 07 2021 at 09:46
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234