Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fabiola Simac (Symphonic Prog)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fabiola Simac (Symphonic Prog)
    Posted: January 08 2022 at 11:15
The Mexican artist Fabiola Simac has released a new album "Immersion" (December 2021) that is available in iTunes and can be found in Spotify or Deezer. Fabiola plays the violin, the guitar and sings and she has been in local progrock bands in the past. She has Instagram, Facebook and TiTok and has quite a few followers (60k).

I have listened only "Immersion" and it must be definitively be on progarchives. I have the impression she has been overlooked by the progrock community and has some impact basically at the local level (she is from Mexico DF) and in some latinoamérica prog rock internet forums.  It is in the Symphonic prog genre with some instrumental tracks, and songs in English or Spanish. The music goes from relaxing passages, experimental part and some dissonances as well as nice melodies. Solitude and "Aire sin alas" are the most accesible and there are youtube videos (I put the link in the songs).

Discography:
Albums:
Immersion (December 2021)
1. Limerencia (7:14)
2. Aire sin Alas (6:21)
3. Malady of Love (4:25)
4. Ice Dust (3:07)
5. Clinging to Nostalgia (6:46)
6. Individual Soul (3:39)
7. Sinergia (8:30)
8. Aether (5:15)
9. Solitude (7:17)

The "Aire sin alas" song on YouTube is from the Single she released in the summer of 2021. This version is slightly different from the one from "Immersion"

Eviternity (2020)
2. Swallow Tail Jig (3:11)
3. Abndnds (7:07)
4. Basking on the Moon (4:10)
5. Glass of Time (5:20)
6. Drunken Sailor Hornpipe (1:09)
7. Explain to your Children (7:04)
8. Eviternity (5:59)
9. Unexpected (6:36)
10. Join (4:21)

Some extra info on her career can be found in the Jul 2021 Nación Progresiva issue (in Spanish)

girart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 11:27
I apologise that I messed up with the links, here you have the main ones:

https://www.fabiolasimac.com/

https://nacionprogresiva.wordpress.com/2021/07/20/entrevista-con-fabiola-simac-la-cantante-y-violinista-de-rock-progresivo-mexicano/
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 11:32
Informed the team. Thumbs Up
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
girart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 12:25
Dear Tuzhivar

I understand the administrators of prog archives are very busy. I would like to know the status of including Fabiola Simac to the artist list. Using the information from her page I could write a description of the artist career (related to Mexican prog rock bands): let me know if you wish I do it  

Regarding the Immersion new album, here is some extra information (I bought the CD): the album includes the following musicians:
- Fabiola Simac: Lead Vocals, Violin, Synthesizers, Recorder, Acoustic Guitar
- Uvarigh Alvarado: Bass, Electric and Acoustic Guitars, Synthesizers, Mellotron, Clarinet, Drum Machine Vocals, 
- Luis G. Sánchez: Electric Guitars
- Eduardo Vázquez: Drums
other guest musicians:
- Carlos Vivanco: Electric Guitar in Solitude
- Juan Carlos López: Drums in Solitude
- Daniel Garduño: Electric Guitar solo in Aire sin Alas

The links didn't work in my original post. Apologies! Here you have them:

Artist page:
YouTube artist page (she does a lots of covers):

YouTube Videos from Immersion album:

Best regards from Josep Miquel Girart

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 13:44
The Symphonic Prog Team voted to move this suggestion to the Eclectic Prog Team in January. It is currently under evaluation for Eclectic Prog. I'll notify the team about your offer to write a bio.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
girart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2022 at 12:53
Here is the bio from Fabiola Simac. Please, could you forward to the Eclectic Prog admins?

Fabiola Simac is a Mexican singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist (violin, keyboards, guitar, etc). Throughout her career she has collaborated in several projects such as the symphonic metal  Orphen band (the first band she formed at the age of 15), the progressive metal Divine Archetype band, the string quartet Elysium ensemble, the pioneer progressive rock band in Mexico Chac Mool, metal progressive Shukra band (they recorded the album “In plactu desidero”), the electronic and progressive Vía Láctea band (they recorded the album “Daath”).  She collaborated with  Carlos Alvarado (founder of Chac Mool ) in two albums, “The Music of the 7 Chakras” and “Metamorphosis”.  In 2017 she created the progressive rock band  Meliora, recording the album "Holistic Journey" which was officially presented on November 3, 2018 at the Mega Prog Festival in Mexico City, sharing the stage with Le Orme. 

At the end of 2018, Fabiola Simac released “Clinging to Nostalgia”, the first single of her solo career. In 2020 and 2021 she has released two singles, “Solitude” and “Aire sin Alas” (the first song in Spanish). All these three songs are part of what will be her first solo album "Immersion", an album full of dark and progressive nuances that is released in December 2021. 

(text adapted from the Biography at https://www.fabiolasimac.com)

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 15:39
Fabiola Simac added to Eclectic

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - June 04 2022 at 15:52
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply