Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog in spanish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog in spanish
    Posted: March 15 2022 at 13:17
Hi guys,

Do yo have or know some bands in spanish? post your music in this thread!

Today i'm bringing here the last album from my band, "Galeria de raices".We love Iona, Rush, Phil Keaggy, Neal Morse, Gentle Giant... take a listen and maybe you will recognize our influences Big smile

We had produced our last album by ourselves.

Btw: in my country (Argentina) has a lot of good prog music to offer, like Invisible (band of Luis Alberto Spinetta), La Maquina de hacer Pajaros, Crucis, Seru Giran, Presto Vivace, Nexus and a lot more.

Edited by Marcos87 - April 20 2022 at 20:23
galeriaderaices.bandcamp.com/
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2022 at 20:32
I do know a bit of prog in spanish that I like a lot. I can start with Triana, their first two albums are wonderful. Abre la Puerta would be my favourite song from them. Los Jaivas has Alturas de Matchu Pitchu that is very well loved, but I particularly love the song La Poderosa Muerte. Soliloquio from Iconoclasta is a nice album, specially 7:19. There's a good deal of music from Cast that I love, though some of their albums are in english, and some in spanish... I have actually only looked for the ones in spanish from them. They have many great songs, but the album Originalis is particularly great, specially the song Frente al Umbral. I also love the song El Puente, the version on the album Arsis. Elfonía has some nice stuff too. Also Flor de Loto has some nice music... I know it mostly because of the live album Medusa. And there is the band Ekos, with the song Obscuridad that I love, as well as the whole album Otra Dimensión. And Stream of Passion, a project started by Lucas Arjensen of Ayreon with the singer of Elfonía, did a song in spanish called Delirio which is very nice (though they mostly did their music in english). And I might add an interesting choice from Soda Stereo, in their "unplugged" album they did a cover called Genesis which I love, and sort of borders prog territory... the original band, Vox Dei, I understand were rather progressive... or at least the album in which they released that album, which I only heard a bit of once, but did sound interesting. And going into spanish related territory, I loved the Brazilian's band Bacamarte's album Depois Do Fim, in Portuguese, specially the song Úlimo Entardecer.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 13:00
"Abre la Puerta" is one of the greatest songs of all time, period IMO.  The rest of the Triana debut album is pretty good too

Magdalena is a Basque group but at least some if not all of the songs on their sole album are in Spanish, great album

Granada has a couple of fine albums

Cai's "Noche Abierta" is great

Sangre de Muerdago is a wonderful neo folk group

Magma, from Argentina, out out 2 uneven albums but several of the songs are just jaw droppingly beautiful

Mago de Oz is a folk metal group with lots of Celtic influences.  I recommend the album "Gaia"

Ibio is a well regarded prog folk group

Pablo el Enterrador (Argentina) s/t, along with Las Jaivas "Alturas..." are my favourite Spanish language album from Latin America

There are some others but I don't consider them at the level of the above

Edited by kenethlevine - March 28 2022 at 13:00
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 00:06
Nexus - Metanoia (Argentina).

Exquirla - Para Quienes Aun Viven (Spain).
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 08:59
The more progressive stuff by the band Vox Dei IMO is in these albums:

- La Biblia Según Vox Dei (this one opens with the track Genesis)
- Jeremías Pies De Plomo
- Es Una Nube, No Hay Duda

They were truly amazing live.
Blood Wake View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood Wake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 10:38
Hey man, your link isn't working...

Also, I make documentaries in English about my favorite Spanish rock bands. My latest is on Almendra, Spinetta's first band. Here is the playlist that includes Charly Garcia's bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhOB0y9RZQw&list=PLqyoYX2XbKbrcDpqbCiAU4ex4NkAq0XKc
Music is my gospel and I preach with my picking hand. -Harry Chapin. Not prog but still cool. Haha

I make mini-docs on lesser-known classic prog acts.
http://SeansMusicHunt.com
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2022 at 20:14
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

- Jeremías Pies De Plomo

I love Genesis performed by Soda Stereo. I gave a quick listen to the Vox Dei album and it sounded really nice... though perhaps Genesis itself I still prefer the Soda Stereo version (or perhaps I'm just very used to that version of the song).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2022 at 20:43
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

- Jeremías Pies De Plomo

I love Genesis performed by Soda Stereo. I gave a quick listen to the Vox Dei album and it sounded really nice... though perhaps Genesis itself I still prefer the Soda Stereo version (or perhaps I'm just very used to that version of the song).

Anothe great cover by Gustavo Cerati is Bajan (Pescado Rabioso 1973 Artaud)
Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru1xIrOvK94
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2022 at 08:01
Violeta de Outono, Kotebel, Los Jaivas, Nexus Metanoia, Homínido Estirpe Litica, Pablo "El Enterrador", Carolina Restuccia, Itoiz, Gòtic, and Canturbe are a few of my favorites. Kant Freud Kafka, too. And Za! (Amoeba Split would be #1 if they sang in Spanish.)

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2022 at 23:21
I've been digging Mediabanda recently. Killer group from Chile.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2022 at 04:02
  Granada, Triana & Bloque were the first Spanish bands I played on SPACE PIRATE RADIO in the early 70s.  today I play artists like Kant Freud Kafka.  there's a wealth of inventive music in those climes.  
https://twitch.tv/guygudenspacepirateradio
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2022 at 11:23
Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

Granada, Triana & Bloque were the first Spanish bands I played on SPACE PIRATE RADIO in the early 70s.  today I play artists like Kant Freud Kafka.  there's a wealth of inventive music in those climes.  

El Hijo del Alba is a good one!

Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2022 at 04:32
  ^  ^  ^  ^  
     indeed...  thank you, verslibre!
https://twitch.tv/guygudenspacepirateradio
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2022 at 14:11
There's a good new band called Artefactron. I just recommended them in the recs section. https://artefactron.bandcamp.com/

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 03 2022 at 14:11
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2022 at 14:21
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Violeta de Outono, Kotebel, Los Jaivas, Nexus Metanoia, Homínido Estirpe Litica, Pablo "El Enterrador", Carolina Restuccia, Itoiz, Gòtic, and Canturbe are a few of my favorites. Kant Freud Kafka, too. And Za! (Amoeba Split would be #1 if they sang in Spanish.)

Nice list Drew!  I should point out that Itoiz sings in Basque, not Spanish.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2022 at 15:26
You might like to check out Frutería Toñi, for example their latest album : El Porvenir Está en las Huevas

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2022 at 15:11
I just knew about the debut of a new Argentine band, called Merét, with their album Ceremonias. I also read a very promising review and interview with the leader & composer Víctor Casabuono (in Spanish: http://www.mellotronweb.com.ar/)

Listen: https://open.spotify.com/album/4Cq3RdhV1kGXo5wmmUTo15?autoplay=true
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2022 at 07:42
The Fonocal label is re-releasing three classic albums of Pastoral: En El Hospicio, Humanos, and Atrapados en el Cielo (which is now including a rare single A&B sides as bonus). Out today, April 8.
Marcos87 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 20:22
Check out this piece of progressive music, it's a blend of rock, tango and jazz. This band it's called "La maquina de hacer pájaros"

Originally posted by Blood Wake Blood Wake wrote:

Hey man, your link isn't working...

Also, I make documentaries in English about my favorite Spanish rock bands. My latest is on Almendra, Spinetta's first band. Here is the playlist that includes Charly Garcia's bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhOB0y9RZQw&list=PLqyoYX2XbKbrcDpqbCiAU4ex4NkAq0XKc

Thanks dude, corrected!

Edited by Marcos87 - April 20 2022 at 20:26
galeriaderaices.bandcamp.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2022 at 08:07
Upcoming release of the legendary shows of the band Invisible presenting their 2nd album Durazno Sangrando:

From left to right: "Machi" Rufino, L.A. Spinetta, "Pomo" Lorenzo

Source: https://mellotronweb.com.ar/ultimosingresos.htm

Edited by Heart of the Matter - April 25 2022 at 08:17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>