Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First single of Galaxy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidvh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First single of Galaxy
    Posted: March 22 2022 at 13:51
On Friday the 18th the first single 'Talk To Me' from the band Galaxy has been released.

This is the first track to be released from their upcoming album "Runaway Men"which will be released on Friday the 28th of May 2022.

The Dutch Progressive Rock band GALAXY recorded 8 songs in 1997. However, the group stopped performing. The songs were matured for no less than 25 years.Just before the COVID-19 pandemic (2020), the band members organized a barbecue evening. That night the memories were shared. The sound recordings were also discussed.Producer and band member Niels Lingbeek had 'aged' the tapes in his music cellar. Music publisher David van Hartingsveldt (Shaded Moon Entertainment) fueled the enthusiasm.The foundation for the release of the CD and LP 'Runaway Men' had been laid. GALAXY

For those unfamiliar with the group; Galaxy was a band from the north of the Netherlands that existed from 1983 to 1997. The band members started playing together at a very young age (Ard Offers was 11 when he joined his 2.5 year older brother in Galaxy in 1983).Over the years they released several demo tapes, a single and the mini CD: Back Before the Storm.Although most of their releases were positively reviewed by the regional and national music press, it did not come to a definitive breakthrough.With their last lineup, formed in 1992, they recorded an album in 1997 that was sadly never released. But now, 25 years later, “Runaway Men” will be finally released. The album is supported by the release of the single 'Talk to me'.

GALAXY IS:
Bart Schwertmann - Lead vocals, Bass & Backing vocals (among others Frontman Kayak, Grant & Forsyth, VanderLinde, winner Soundmixshow2000, Boulevard en soloprojects)
Niels Lingbeek -Guitar & Backing vocals (among others: Persona Non Grata, TOF Partyband, producer various national and regional artists, owner recording studio Mastersound Muntendam and studio guitarist ).
Ard Offers - Keys & Backing vocals (among others: Perfect Storm, Persona Non Grata, Melrose, Vodafone/Ziggo band en studiomusician.)
Nils Offers -Drums(among others: Persona Non Grata, TOF Partyband)

You can listen to it via: https://lnk.to/GalaxyTalkToMe or on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwqNeyVwPbE.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 06:49
I’m not so much into the metal scene, but these guys sound pretty good. I might give them a try.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 07:42
Cool, I like it, looking forward to see this release at last after 25 years. It's obvious that at least this single sounded like late '90s,  that was the prog metal peak.

nice, good vocals, instrumental, all
davidvh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidvh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 11:42
The rest of the tracks are more in the 90s neo prog style. You can listen to the teaser at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymn3nEoWEQU. I am sure you will like the album.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 13:42
Yes, I listen, pretty good really, as I said on teaser comment, like bands from late 90s on SI label, looking how is with the pre order
 Post Reply Post Reply