FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Blog
    Posted: 14 hours 47 minutes ago at 08:14
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

The latest Lazland Ruminations video has now been published. Featuring music from TangleJack; Hats Off Gentlemen, It's Adequate; Inner Prospekt; Tom Penaguin; Juglans Regia; Age of Distraction; and Amarok, it is a rollercoaster ride of sheer goodness. Enjoy!

Wonderful Steve! A great way to enjoy the morning with my favorite cuppa! Clap

Thank you, Steve. Really kind of you to say that. I think it is fair to say that I am now starting to get the hang of this video editing lark - in production terms, this is easily the best I have done thus far.

I am starting to plan the next series as we speak, which I hope will be an interesting watch re revisiting old reviews/albums. I think the first one will be Yes Drama and 90125.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 27 minutes ago at 06:34

The latest Lazland Ruminations video has now been published. Featuring music from TangleJack; Hats Off Gentlemen, It's Adequate; Inner Prospekt; Tom Penaguin; Juglans Regia; Age of Distraction; and Amarok, it is a rollercoaster ride of sheer goodness. Enjoy!

Wonderful Steve! A great way to enjoy the morning with my favorite cuppa! Clap
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2024 at 14:14

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2024 at 14:11
A busy week ahead on www.lazland.org, there will be three album reviews and the second in my YouTube vlog series.

First up is a new album from Manchester outfit, Enthyon, a modern psych delight. Pop along to the homepage and click on the album review link.

Enjoy!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2024 at 14:04
2024 is proving to be another spectacular year in terms of the quality of the music being released. Tonight at www.lazland.org I have another two class new albums reviewed for you to enjoy.

First up is a wonderful slab of jazz-fusion from French multi-instrumentalist, Tom Penaguin, pretty much essential for those of you who like a bit of  the Canterbury-flavoured prog.

Second is a belter of an album from Polish outfit, Amarok with their latest, Hope. It is essential listening.

As ever, pop along to my lovely little website and click on the appropriate buttons!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 00:18

Busy, busy, busy at www.lazland.org with the second review of the week, Neranotte from Italian outfit Juglans Regia. A really fine album which should excite all fans of Italian rock music. Simply go along to my homepage and click on the album review button!
I see that the reduced work schedule has turbo charged your output, Steve. Fantastic!

So much music, and still too little time, Steve!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2024 at 12:39

Busy, busy, busy at www.lazland.org with the second review of the week, Neranotte from Italian outfit Juglans Regia. A really fine album which should excite all fans of Italian rock music. Simply go along to my homepage and click on the album review button!
I see that the reduced work schedule has turbo charged your output, Steve. Fantastic!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2024 at 12:14
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 08:15
First album review of the week is up, something heavier than the usual fare, this being Hosts of a Vanished World from Bob Saliba. 

As ever, head over to www.lazland.org and click on the relevant button link.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 10:30

It is fair to say that there have been a few technical issues since Lazland launched its YouTube video channel. Indeed, the chap writing this post is now extremely sensitive to the reasons why the BBC and such like pay a bunch of clever spotty yoofs up to £40k a year to engineer videos and podcasts instead of getting the likes of Emily Maitlis to do it herself.

I am grateful to friends, artists, and a couple of Prog Ears forum participators for not just feedback, but some very helpful hints that have enabled me to see what I have been doing wrong and how to fix it. Artists, especially, have been very kind in forgiving some of the glitches encountered.

With this all in mind, the Ruminations vlog last week was not really fit for purpose, so I have now uploaded “Ruminations 1 – The Final Cut” to YouTube at

On this, you can finally hear me in glorious stereo and listen to the music hopefully without having your wig blown off! The music is by Nova Cascade, Big Big Train, Dim Gray, Ana Patan, Orphans of the Ash, For All We Know, and The Patchwork Alliance from Guy Manning. It all looks and sounds rather good, even if I do say so myself! The next one will follow at the end of the month.

Oh, incidentally, those of you who follow me in Russia (and there are a couple of you, I know) are not able to view this video because of, I think, sanctions. I don’t think it was I who insulted Uncle Vlad, but something to do with Inside Out records, who BBT are with now.

In the meantime, my review spot on the brilliant Progressive Rock Show hosted by Graham Harfleet on Progzilla Radio also features Big Big Train, with one of the epics from The Likes of Us – jolly good stuff it is, as well. From 8.00 p.m. UK BST.

Lastly, my grateful thanks to all of you who follow me here and view the website and the video channel. I love you all, each and every one of you!

Glitches are no problem for me, Steve. I believe that Pete of The Bardic Depths was blacked out when I watched your zoom interview of Dave and Pete, and it didn't bother me in the least. Then again, being as old as dirt, I was just thrilled to listen to radio as a young lad. Who said that the old things don't come around again? But I'm glad for your sake that these problems were all straightened out. And to see you enjoying yourself so much. Cheers mate.

Thanks as ever, Steve. Yes, I prefer radio to television. Aside from sport and the odd decent drama, I don't watch television, and I am seriously thinking about doing an audio podcast version of the Ruminations series. I will see how it goes, but I am glad you enjoyed it because it is made for regular readers such as you.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 08:34

It is fair to say that there have been a few technical issues since Lazland launched its YouTube video channel. Indeed, the chap writing this post is now extremely sensitive to the reasons why the BBC and such like pay a bunch of clever spotty yoofs up to £40k a year to engineer videos and podcasts instead of getting the likes of Emily Maitlis to do it herself.

I am grateful to friends, artists, and a couple of Prog Ears forum participators for not just feedback, but some very helpful hints that have enabled me to see what I have been doing wrong and how to fix it. Artists, especially, have been very kind in forgiving some of the glitches encountered.

With this all in mind, the Ruminations vlog last week was not really fit for purpose, so I have now uploaded “Ruminations 1 – The Final Cut” to YouTube at

On this, you can finally hear me in glorious stereo and listen to the music hopefully without having your wig blown off! The music is by Nova Cascade, Big Big Train, Dim Gray, Ana Patan, Orphans of the Ash, For All We Know, and The Patchwork Alliance from Guy Manning. It all looks and sounds rather good, even if I do say so myself! The next one will follow at the end of the month.

Oh, incidentally, those of you who follow me in Russia (and there are a couple of you, I know) are not able to view this video because of, I think, sanctions. I don’t think it was I who insulted Uncle Vlad, but something to do with Inside Out records, who BBT are with now.

In the meantime, my review spot on the brilliant Progressive Rock Show hosted by Graham Harfleet on Progzilla Radio also features Big Big Train, with one of the epics from The Likes of Us – jolly good stuff it is, as well. From 8.00 p.m. UK BST.

Lastly, my grateful thanks to all of you who follow me here and view the website and the video channel. I love you all, each and every one of you!

Glitches are no problem for me, Steve. I believe that Pete of The Bardic Depths was blacked out when I watched your zoom interview of Dave and Pete, and it didn't bother me in the least. Then again, being as old as dirt, I was just thrilled to listen to radio as a young lad. Who said that the old things don't come around again? But I'm glad for your sake that these problems were all straightened out. And to see you enjoying yourself so much. Cheers mate.

Edited by SteveG - April 10 2024 at 08:45
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2024 at 14:08
Tonight, it is well and truly back to the "day job" with two new releases uploaded to www.lazland.org 

We have an EP from Texas collective Phase of Twilight, really interesting stuff.

We have the debut album from brand new English collective, Age of Distraction, and a cracker it is, too.

You can read the words and listen to some of the music simply by heading over to your favourite review website and clicking on the relevant buttons.  
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 06:20

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2024 at 15:15

After all the video channel stuff, it is back to the Lazland day job, with a review of an album which is pretty much essential - Inner Prospekt, with Unusual Movements.

Pop along to www.lazland.org and take a look. Strike a blow for anti-corporatist music! Wink
This was one of best interviews yet, Steve. I love how Pete and Dave went into their influences and how humble these chaps are for such talented musicians. I agree with you that they have a mix of classic British prog, jazz and American prog ala Kansas (as an example), which somehow works incredibly well without sounding the least bit like a clone The album is a real treat. 

And I'd like to compliment you on how you edit all your interviews with the band's music. The production is top notch. I can't tell you how much I enjoy all your efforts. It's always a pleasure to sit down with a hour or two of Lazland.org. Cheers.

And I really can’t tell you just how much I appreciate this feedback, Steve. Quite honestly, if you were the only chap reading and watching this stuff in the world, I would be happy, so thank you so much, my friend.

I have re-edited the blog this evening and will hopefully upload it to YouTube tomorrow to cure some of the glitches in that.

Edited by lazland - April 06 2024 at 15:16
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2024 at 09:39

After all the video channel stuff, it is back to the Lazland day job, with a review of an album which is pretty much essential - Inner Prospekt, with Unusual Movements.

Pop along to www.lazland.org and take a look. Strike a blow for anti-corporatist music! Wink
This was one of best interviews yet, Steve. I love how Pete and Dave went into their influences and how humble these chaps are for such talented musicians. I agree with you that they have a mix of classic British prog, jazz and American prog ala Kansas (as an example), which somehow works incredibly well without sounding the least bit like a clone The album is a real treat. 

And I'd like to compliment you on how you edit all your interviews with the band's music. The production is top notch. I can't tell you how much I enjoy all your efforts. It's always a pleasure to sit down with a hour or two of Lazland.org. Cheers.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2024 at 15:57

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 13:28
Okay, a couple of updates this evening.

Go to the homepage at www.lazland.org for a review of Lialim High, an interesting curiosity by 90's band Twin Age recently reissued. 

Plus, a new addition to the video channel, this being the first of my "Ruminations" series of thoughts on the last month's music. I hope you find this something a little bit different from the usual review videos. (For some reason, the video is not playing here, but if you go to Lazland on YouTube, you can see this.

Edited by lazland - April 03 2024 at 13:35
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2024 at 05:13
Okay, it is a new week, and it promises to be a busy one at www.lazland.org 

Firstly, I have posted an interview with the wonderful Nova Cascade, a fine ambient progressive rock band, on my YouTube channel. There is a lot there - plans for their next album, last year's The Navigator, profits from which are donated to Pancreatic Cancer Research UK owing to the passing of their colleague Eric Bouillette, music in general, and there is music played, both old and new.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 15:48
Tonight, I have published reviews of the new Big Big Train, the first featuring new vocalist Alberto Bravin, and an interesting instrumental from Australia, Inner Cosmos by Matt Goodluck.

As usual, pop along to www.lazland.org and click on the button link.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2024 at 11:43

Good stuff, as usual Steve! But where do you find the time? I 'm beginning to think that you have a ghost writer. Mrs. Laz perhaps? LOL

Thanks Steve. Mrs Laz is deeply amused by this thought! LOL

Next week is my last working full-time, and after that I drop down to three days a week - even more time for the important things in life!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>