Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overplayed Songs Not Needed to be Heard Again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What overplayed songs do you not need to hear again?(Pick 6)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [12.50%]
2 [4.17%]
1 [2.08%]
4 [8.33%]
6 [12.50%]
1 [2.08%]
1 [2.08%]
5 [10.42%]
3 [6.25%]
2 [4.17%]
1 [2.08%]
2 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [8.33%]
2 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.08%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [10.42%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overplayed Songs Not Needed to be Heard Again?
    Posted: April 23 2022 at 23:25
Pick Six? I picked 25 songs that I have heard that were overplayed, or songs that I heard too many times over my life and do not need to hear again or at least a few times a year. Thanks to Pete Pardo and his video for this poll. 

I am going to pick YMCA despite not really disliking like Pete Pardo does("For f**k's sake people, that song is awful. The band is awful."), Livin on A Prayer(People always say that they like this song, but why? I never found any use in this song), We Will Rock You(Haven't we heard that one a million times), Smells Like Teen Spirit(Sick of people saying it is one of the best songs in history. How is this rated over all of the beautiful pieces of music from people like Bach), Pour Some Sugar On Me(Please! I do not like Def Leppard's hits, they irk me), and More Than A Feeling(Sounds commonplace in my world. Why is this getting more praise than Foreplay/Long Time). 

Edited by SuperMetro - April 23 2022 at 23:30
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2022 at 02:11
Having four children in my house, and having heard it more times than I thought could be possible, my one and only vote goes to Let It Go. I have no problem with any of the others being overplayed - simply because I’ve never been in any situation to have had them overplayed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2022 at 14:51
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Having four children in my house, and having heard it more times than I thought could be possible, my one and only vote goes to Let It Go. I have no problem with any of the others being overplayed - simply because I’ve never been in any situation to have had them overplayed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

my daughter’s obsession with Frozen was mercifully brief. Can’t imagine the overexposure 4 kids could generate
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2022 at 00:41
The Encanto soundtrack is still being played in our house, but I’m yet to get sick of it, the way I did the Frozen soundtrack. It’s still surprisingly enjoyable to hear. But I have to admit I do inwardly cringe every time that the line “Let It Go” is briefly reprised by Bruno. No, no, no - don’t talk about that, Bruno!

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2022 at 11:00
I never really wanted to hear YMCA in the first place so I'm not in a rush to hear it again. Fortunately I don't have any children who are Frozen fans, the rest I'm not bothered if I hear them or not.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2022 at 12:55
I can put up with all of these except Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer. I didn't like it when I first heard it and it's only got worse from there - a horrid song.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2022 at 14:32
I don't know all of the songs in the poll, which is probably a good thing, but YMCA wins easily here, or loses badly, whichever way you look at it. Smile
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:21
The only enjoyment I see in Livin On A Prayer is when Squidward is On A Chair. Other than that, I dislike it.:

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 06:56
Originally posted by SuperMetro SuperMetro wrote:

The only enjoyment I see in Livin On A Prayer is when Squidward is On A Chair. Other than that, I dislike it.:

LOL
Genius. I will forever think of Squidward when I hear this song now.
Stressed Cheese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stressed Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2022 at 09:57
I've somehow never heard Let It Go. I always get the Beatles' Let It Be in my head when I read the title.

I'd vote for Hotel California if I could vote, but for some reason I can't.
 Post Reply Post Reply