Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Klaus Schulze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Klaus Schulze
    Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:15
Published on his FB page:

Dear Fans,
In deepest sorrow we have to inform you that Klaus has passed away yesterday on April 26, 2022 at the age of 74 after a long disease but all of a sudden.
He leaves behind a huge musical legacy and is survived by his wife, two sons and four grandchildren.
In his name and in the name of the family we would like to thank you for your loyalty and support over all these years – it has meant a lot to him!
His music will remain, and our memories…
There’s a lot more to write about him as person and artist but he probably would have told us: nuff said!
According to his wishes we will bid farewell to him in the closest family circle. You know him and what he always said: my music is important, not my person…
Maximilian Schulze
also in the name of the family and the Klaus Schulze-Team
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:17
I can't believe it, I was so excited with the new album and then getting these news out of the blue... Cry

Edited by Meltdowner - April 27 2022 at 09:37
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:27
oh my! this is sad news indeed. a highly important pioneer of electronic music! we have almost all of his albums. he will be sadly missed. our most heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.

Edited by BaldJean - April 27 2022 at 09:30

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:35
yep Ouch very sad news ...

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:47
He will be missed. He released such great albums...Unhappy
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 09:55
Crushing news… he was King Daddy #1 of electronic music in my world. Rare is the week when I don’t listen to at least one of his albums. Yesterday it was “X” in fact. RIP… he will be missed and his legacy deserves a spot near the top of creative greats of the last century.

Edited by HolyMoly - April 27 2022 at 09:55
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 10:16
shocking and sad news 
RIP 
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syzygy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 10:16
A massive loss indeed. A true pioneer who continued to develop and innovate until the end.
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 10:25
Aw darn, that's a shame.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 10:55
Tough loss for the entire EM industry, a pioneer for sure......74 just seems too young.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 11:41
One if best known names in prog with a band that never had commercial success. RIP.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:01
I’m very sorry to hear this. A true genius and pioneer of electronic music. My condolences to his family and dear ones. May he rest in peace.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:03
How very sad! Cry
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:08
Damn! That's sad news indeed.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:24
Sad news RIP Klaus,
Danke für deine Musik

Edited by mellotronwave - April 27 2022 at 12:25
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:55
RIP Klaus.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 12:59
Damn. I recall reading he had an illness, but I guess with the recent release I just assume he had gotten better, at least to an extent. So sad to read, a giant of electronic music for sur.e I"ll be spinning those first ten albums over the next couple of days

RIP
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 13:45
Sad day. My lifetime favourite musician, a most profound artist and intellectual who crafted sonic works of great immersion. Quality oeuvre throughout, with timeless 70s classics, followed by, I feel, a maintained signature and sense of earnest art throughout several different musical periods (even ones which can be tagged commonly as sampling-based, ambient, new age). 

Hope he's at peace, after what must have been a lengthy period of illness, though I feel he found a kind of serenity and ease in his latest works. That makes this saddening farewell easier to take in.

Rest in peace. 

Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 13:46
Simply unforgettable

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 13:48
A great musician and pioneer. RIP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>