FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Klaus Schulze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Klaus Schulze
    Posted: May 02 2022 at 12:40
Terrible news. A tremendous artist. Condolences to family and friends.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 07:42
Official trailer for his new album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dpZ_z1uQg
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 09:33
I thankfully have a friend who provided me with a bunch of Klaus's music. Not go-to stuff at the moment, but his passing prompts me to give it another listen. RIP.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2022 at 20:49
aprusso View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprusso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 23:56
This really shatters me. Tonight will be a Klaus memorial day at my place (probably will last 3 days for the sheer quantity...) 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 20:30
Hi,

I wish I had something to say, and will ... more than likely ... later on an issue of poetry for various folks in music for the Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts.

For now, though, RIP Klaus, you will be missed.

Sad to say that when I heard that one cut from the new album, and the title of the album, the first thing I thought of was ... it will be his last album! ... and sadly, the person that probably appreciate the famous DUNE novels never had his music associated with it, and it deserved to be there, as was originally thought of with a Jodorowski project that was killed.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 14:01
Yes, I saw the news yesterday posted on FB by Mortiis. One artist paying tribute to another one who influenced him...
I like Schulze's early releases (first two) the most.
R.I.P. Klaus
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 12:56
RIP Klaus
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 08:01
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I was very sad to hear of this. Klaus Schulze is a giant and one of my very favorite artists. I am playing Mirage right now (not the Camel one). Thank you indeed.

My favorite of his.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 04:42
I was very sad to hear of this. Klaus Schulze is a giant and one of my very favorite artists. I am playing Mirage right now (not the Camel one). Thank you indeed.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 03:14
Thanks for the music Klaus and the countless of hours driftig away and into your beautiful universe. It has helped me tremendously over the last couple of years dealing with a broken body.
It’s so weird that I haven’t listened to him for months though…but started putting on some of his albums during these past few days…and then this. I think I’ll throw on Body Love when I get home.
Magic is is short supply these days. Klaus had a way with it that I will continue to dive into whenever the world turns into bureaucracy and cement.
All the love from Denmark. Cheers monsieur Schulze
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2022 at 02:22
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. I put on Irrlicht and Cyborg tonight in remembrance.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 20:55
I know the name well but am barely acquainted with his music.  RIP Klaus
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 18:50
Really sorry to hear that, in many ways he was progressive electronic.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 18:46
Well damn. Perhaps he went all too soon but he sure left several lifetimes worth of music to check out.

I've only just begun having only checked out the 70s and early 80s releases.

A true legend if there ever was one.

Now he's in the ethers where his music came from in the first place!

R.i.P

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
mwood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 17:33
Sorry to hear about this. I haven't listened to my KS albums in a while, but I'll definitely be spinning a few tomorrow. RIP Klaus Schulze.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 15:20
Another major loss rocks the world of electronic music as one of the greatest progenitors of Berlin School leaves us.

Klaus kept our ears busy right up to the end, and he will continue to do so.

RIP.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 15:14
WOW ! Stunned to hear this very sad news.
Even though he was apparently ill, I sometimes forget how old many of these prog heroes are.
RIP man.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 15:04
It is only in the last 5 years that I really started appreciating his creations.

RIP
Ghost Whistler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2022 at 14:07
Not the easiest music to listen to, but so influential and important. Speaking as an amateur synthesist type.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>