Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bands everyone loves, but you do not get them?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 09:50
Too many to name I suppose in the prog metal, tech metal and post rock genres but as to more common ones I never got into Oldfield or Supertramp . I  find them both boring and Oldfield tedious. Always thought of Supertramp as prog lite. Not saying they are 'bad artists' just not interesting to me.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 10:11
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath

I mean Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath I can understand, from the perspective of a young person in the 70s, but do not see any appeal AC/DC whatsoever. The other two, I just don't see how they're still so popular today. These three bands are just so overrated I think, particularly the first one.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 10:31
Dream Theater and Radiohead (I had two friends who loved them.... remembering one shroom trip and having to hear a f**king cover of "On The Beach" - which was the least worst)
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678