Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lingua Ignota: Sinner Get Ready (2021)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 00:20
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Been meaning to get this album. The prior album sure packed a whallop. Hard to say I enjoy it, because actually enjoying such an outpouring of rage and pain would be perverse in a way, but it’s great art.
Yes it is. But I've always been attracted art "such as this" - whatever that means. It has to feel genuinely authentic, and I prefer that it's performed by people with an amazing gift and extraordinary talent. Kristin Hayter is undoubtly 100% all of that. I can say that I enjoy a psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions... without feeling like a pervert:)

Btw: I don't think it's possible for Sinner Get Ready to dissapoint you
It is a good feeling in the cathartic sense, though I’ve never been through close to the pain she went through. I just don’t want to presume to empathize with it all. I feel the pain, but I can’t really understand the pain because I’ve never been through it.
Yes I actually just posted the definition of the adjective "cathartic" instead of the term:)

My approach is that it's possible to empathize with "any" human experience - even if we will never fully understand anyone but ourselves (I don't really believe the latter part is true though, lol). I believe that's one of the main reasons great art "works". I can empathize and share someone's pain, fear or joy, but that doesn't mean I'm unaware that what I feel isn't exactly the same. Anyway, although I seem to presume things here that you don't, my guess is that we pretty much experience similar things while listening to something like Caligula. I'm quite certain I understand where you're coming from, and if I simply wrote "yeah, I agree with you" instead, it wouldn't have changed my actual experience. Perhaps being an artist myself, is why I presume like I do. I sort of have to.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 06:04

Been meaning to get this album. The prior album sure packed a whallop. Hard to say I enjoy it, because actually enjoying such an outpouring of rage and pain would be perverse in a way, but it’s great art.
Yes it is. But I've always been attracted art "such as this" - whatever that means. It has to feel genuinely authentic, and I prefer that it's performed by people with an amazing gift and extraordinary talent. Kristin Hayter is undoubtly 100% all of that. I can say that I enjoy a psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions... without feeling like a pervert:)

Btw: I don't think it's possible for Sinner Get Ready to dissapoint you
It is a good feeling in the cathartic sense, though I’ve never been through close to the pain she went through. I just don’t want to presume to empathize with it all. I feel the pain, but I can’t really understand the pain because I’ve never been through it.

Yes I actually just posted the definition of the adjective "cathartic" instead of the term:)

My
approach is that it's possible to empathize with "any" human experience
- even if we will never fully understand anyone but ourselves (I don't
really believe the latter part is true though, lol). I believe that's
one of the main reasons great art "works". I can empathize and share
someone's pain, fear or joy, but that doesn't mean I'm unaware that what
I feel isn't exactly the same. Anyway, although I seem to presume things here that you
don't, my guess is that we pretty much experience similar things while
listening to something like Caligula. I'm quite certain I understand where you're coming from, and if I simply wrote "yeah, I agree with you" instead, it wouldn't have changed my actual experience. Perhaps being an artist myself, is
why I presume like I do. I sort of have to.

That pretty much nails it, well said.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 02:28
Appearently the Lingua Ignota project is no more. But she's back as Reverend Kristin Michael Hayter and All of My Friends are Going to Hell (from her fourthcoming album SAVED!) sounds somewhat different, but also a natural continuation.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 06:12
I think I would expect a return to the Lingua Ignota sobriquet due to "name" recognition after this, or one just as Kristin Hayter as Reverent Kristin Michael Hayter sounds as gimmicky as it does. While Christian religious themes are common to Hayter's irreverent, angry and pained work (some might call her a hater, poor woman), the Reverend title is very fitting for this and that old time Southern gospel sound.

That embed is not working for me, but this one is.

Thanks for this thread and recommendation, it led me on something of a pilgrimage.
Two Tracks Per Many of My Fave Acts: A Youtube Playlist
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 04:29
New song. Love this.

Oh man, how I would loved a Kristin Hayter / Swans-collaboration of some sort (for some reason I just started thinking about what it would - or could be like).

Edited by Saperlipopette! - September 25 2023 at 06:23
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 04:33
^unfortunatly, I can neither link to places - or post youtube videos anymore. The title of the song is "I Will Be With You Always)
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 04:49
The problem is that that youtube code you used between the tube tags, DWvWM52pmZE&t=0s, has the time stamp, &t=0s", Without it as DWvWM52pmZE it works. And I manually add the tube and url tags, by the way.   

Anyway, listening now, thanks very much.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 06:03
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

The problem is that that youtube code you used between the tube tags, DWvWM52pmZE&t=0s, has the time stamp, &t=0s", Without it as DWvWM52pmZE it works. And I manually add the tube and url tags, by the way.
I done exactly the same with these two last videos as I've always done. This is the code I used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWvWM52pmZE

Is that somehow the wrong now, or do something weird happen to it when I post here (as with my regular links)?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 06:20

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I done exactly the same with these two last videos as I've always done. This is the code I used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWvWM52pmZE

Is that somehow the wrong now, or do something weird happen to it when I post here (as with my regular links)?

You can see when quoting or editing your posts.

With your last embed attempt it is, and I'm breaking the tube tags with spaces so one can see it as text, [TUBE] mpfxWktjEKA&t=0s[/TUBE ] and [TUBE ]DWvWM52pmZE&t=0s[/ TUBE], so both have the &t=0s timestamp in the identifier. I'm guessing you are copying that. It may be affected by your browser, settings, I would think certain habits when watching the video then copying.... I sometimes get extra code, but I manually delete it before posting and I don't know if you manually tag the videos and urls as I do or if you use the post editor to do that (I keep the WYSIWYG post editor turned off in forum preferences usually as it gives me issues).   If I were you, I would try posting DWvWM52pmZE with the tube tags, so without any spaces, this: [ tube]DWvWM52pmZE[ /tube]

Edited by Logan - September 25 2023 at 06:25
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 06:24
^Ok thanks. Got it. Never had to before (on the same browser)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12