Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Bang Theory vs. Seinfeld

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which sitcom do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [45.45%]
12 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Bang Theory vs. Seinfeld
    Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:35
Just for fun I'm currently revisiting some episodes from these. Some of my friends (despite being in their 50s) are big fans of the Big Bang Theory, but I still appreciate Seinfeld much more. I can laugh about stuff in TBBT, that's not the thing, but I find Seinfeld much sharper and closer connected to what happens in life. I think they're a good match though, they have some quite similar elements... and are very different in other respects.

Anyone else who wants to share their opinion?

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:40
Senfeld
 TBBT is a decent show, but Seinfeld is indeed funnier. 
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:46
Seinfeld by an absolute mile. BBT was never all that funny in my opinion, but Seinfeld is still an absolute classic
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:47
Additional question: What more recent sitcoms should a Seinfield fan check out? (Or maybe a TBBT fan.)
Other than Curb Your Enthusiasm (or Young Sheldon)?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:48
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Additional question: What more recent sitcoms should a Seinfield fan check out? (Or maybe a TBBT fan.)

I watched Young Sheldon. it's pretty good. The parents especially, I liked the performance of those two actors. Also the sister steals the show sometimes. 

Edited by Cristi - September 01 2022 at 07:49
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 07:50
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I watched Young Sheldon. it's pretty good. The parents especially, I liked the performance of those two actors. Also the sister steals the show sometimes. 

That was not quite my question but good information nonetheless, as I know most of CYE but not Young Sheldon, thanks!
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 09:00
Neither.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 10:31
About 3 weeks ago the Mrs and I just finished a rewatch of the whole Seinfeld series. The last season didn't really hold up to the rest IMHO.

But I really loved the Big Bang Theory while it was on, and am enjoying the Young Sheldon series as well.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 12:07
I'd have to go with Big Bang Theory.....Sheldon makes that whole show what it is. Holding true form to what a tech geek and super genius would act around women.
We like Young Sheldon as well.......

I'm a Seinfeld fan and always will be, a show about nothing is awesome.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 12:09
Seinfeld, by several miles, several leagues, several light years in fact. 
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 13:00
Seinfeld 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 13:29
I know that sometimes one should keep his thoughts to himself, but I couldn't help myself this time.  I consider "Big Bang Theory" and "Seinfeld" to be two of the worst tv shows ever to air on broadcast television. Just my $0.02.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2022 at 17:09
Seinfeld is in another league.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2022 at 20:33
Big Bang Theory has been one of my favorite shows since day one, whereas I could never get into Seinfeld.  I watched a number of episodes back in the day and quite frankly found it more stupid than funny.  That being said, I think that there has to be something said about one's personal investment into the characters of a sitcom, and personally I found myself relating to the Big Bang characters much more than the Seinfeld characters.  While I enjoyed BBT, there were plenty of episodes that were pretty dumb, quite frankly, but since I enjoyed the characters and the show I took it in stride moreso than if I had just turned on the TV and watched a random episode here and there, which is my general experience with Seinfeld.  
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2022 at 23:40
Seinfeld is still funny, The Big Bang Theory never was.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2022 at 23:55

Additional question: What more recent sitcoms should a Seinfield fan check out?
Traditional sitcom with live audience etc... hardly exist anymore, but I really like these "comedy shows": Silicon Valley, Louie and the totally different: What We Do In The Shadows, Flight of the Conchords + Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Also ,both UK and US version of The Office (the latter truly came to its own after finishing th first two seasons it was based on) & Extras

essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2022 at 07:36
Never seen Seinfeld. BBT is awful IMHO, speaking as a scientist. The truth is I didn’t like a single character (apart from maybe Leonard’s mum), so could never connect with any of them. And the dreadful laughter…ugh😑

Friends is really the only American sitcom I’ve ever really loved😎
Argentinfonico View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argentinfonico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2022 at 07:40
Seinfeld by a lot... Funnier comedy ever. George and Kramer are superior to anything.
-Will I see you tonight?
-I never make plans that far ahead.

Casablanca (1942)
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2022 at 14:36
BBT,,,,,,,though some Seinfeld stuff was fun. I always though that BBT was mush better written and Seinfeld often seemed to be about nothing which was often said by many.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2022 at 13:20
BBT blows Seinfeld out of the nazi soup kitchen. I was never much of a big fan of Seinfeld anyway though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>