Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Bang Theory vs. Seinfeld

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which sitcom do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [45.45%]
12 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2022 at 20:17
Can't believe this is even close - Seinfeld is the standard by which sit-com success is measured; BBT is a one-trick pony where the comedy is mainly unintentional.  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 08:08
Hi,

I didn't have a TV at the time, and neither do I have one now ... never saw these things, and (c0nsequently) do not miss them. 

In all honesty I am not a TV watcher, and the commercials bother me. I find the mentality in the commercials a serious issue and a comment about what so many of those folks think of the people in this country!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 10:09
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I didn't have a TV at the time, and neither do I have one now ... never saw these things, and (c0nsequently) do not miss them. 

In all honesty I am not a TV watcher, and the commercials bother me. I find the mentality in the commercials a serious issue and a comment about what so many of those folks think of the people in this country!
Hate to tell ya, but...if you have to watch commercials, you're watching TV all wrong. That is so 2000's LOL
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 11:01
NEITHER
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2022 at 12:04
My favourie 00s-10s comedy is Scrubs, Malcolm in the Middle and The 70s Show (whick is not so cool show anymore), and the Community, all of which are funnier then BBT
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2022 at 15:24
Both pretty low on my list, but Seinfield gives me nostalgia of being around my dad growing up, while Big Bang Theory made a joke of geeks which I didn't really like. 

My go to comfort comedy are Community, Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn 99, Futurama and The Simpsons.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2022 at 17:34
Seinfeld.  I do like BBT but I think it's basically one joke over and over.  Luckily that joke is very funny.
Thinking of other series' that a Seinfeld lover might like (beside Curb, which I think is even better), maybe Modern Family?  In both shows the characters can't get out of their own way.  Will and Grace also has that characteristic as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12