Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh Roger, Roger, Roger. When will you learn?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 03:41
I'm not a moderator by the way but chances are they're not going to tolerate a new Putin/Ukraine thread, and for at least understandable (if not good) reasons.  Wink

For the moment I just say @Sean Trane that I know the Latvian situation pretty well. Not sure what percentage you count as "almost majority" but 24.2% (Russians in Latvia according to Wikipedia) is not enough in my books. Furthermore many of these were settled in Latvia during Soviet times with the aim of creating a sizeable population group there to control the Latvians. Understandable then that they are looked at suspiciously by the Lativians from the time of independence and surely now when Russia is using the argument of suppressed Russian minorities to start wars.

And BTW I was of course not attacking you for supposedly being on Putin's side but rather good old Roger for knowingly making statements that help Putin's case. (To come back to the original topic.) I do grant you and him that some of this is correct (the situation is complicated), but saying this without criticising Putin for starting a war, well...

Edited by Lewian - September 26 2022 at 03:50
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 04:48
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Orban may be an idiot but being voted in 5 times and 4 consecutively means that the majority of the Hungarian electorate want him in power , much to the chagrin of the Belgian-led Verhofstadt crew, who (Guy I mean) is a the real idiot. Unless you suggest to let all non-Hungarian Europeans vote for a Hungarian government and deny all Hungarians the right to vote , European values are thus saved, problem solved ! Or why bother with elections at all , just get rid of all national governments and let Brussels rule everyone? That is true democracy when your side wins. How quaint!
Why not focus now on Italy , soon to have unacceptable government ? Perhaps if there would be only Brussels ruling and no more elections, things would be better? sounds very reich-ish to me .....

are you writing in small print because you know you're saying something relatively (let's stay polite and not say totally)  stooooopid? Tongue

Orban is a near-fascist totalitarian: repressing opposition and sexual minorities and other liberties (like Erdogan in Turkey or like Poland is) and  he's modified the country's constitution so he stays in power (like Putin & Erdogan or the Chinese communist party). Poland's regime is following suit. And so is Italy, since yesterday.Cry

And your stubborn relentlessness attacks on Verhofstad (a liberal-capitalist) is really weirdConfused. Furthermore, he's been mostly out of the public's eye for nearly a decade. You should be attacking his Belgian heir, Charles Michel (the European council president, who is clearly a US/NATONuke puppet - which Verhofstadt wasn't) and Ursula sucking NATO dicks.

The very same USA-dominated toxic NATO that is currently demolishing the European aeronautical industry by forcing onto Germany, Benelux and others the horrible F-35, a piece of crap that is still unable to fly without crashing. Planes that will be grounded by a satellite, if the US don't want them to be used. 

Wake-up dude!!! 

I do not understand why a supremely cultured and uber civilized person like you needs to resort to insulting me. I do not recall showing any disrespect at all but you don't like being challenged. I am wide awake , I am not a dude. And certainly not stupid. You have never been to Hungary and YOU do not know what goes on there . Stubborn and relentless attacks on Verhofstadt ? I mentioned him once. Hungary is a near fascist state? Is the current Hungarian government FAR-RIGHT? Secret police arresting people on sight on empty streets of fear? Where everyone whispers and looks the other way? Where nighttime knocks on the door happen and people are whisked away, never to be seen again? Is this what you are describing? And how long has this been going on?
Lastly, in response to my sleeping patterns : " Quand je me regarde, je me désole. Quand je me compare aux autres, je me console” 

When I look in the mirror, I worry. When I compare myself to others, I am reassured.

I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 04:50
Criticising Putin for starting the war is like criticising a football (soccer) coach for what he does in a game.

Putin clearly said that he/they had been left no other option.

We, as publics and not politicians, cannot know the situations and the conditions as much as the politicians do.

So, it is extremely pretentious to claim to know what to do was better for a politician as folks (that is who we are).

The USA had claimed that Putin would (past tense of will, not an imaginary situation) attack Ukraine, and they predicted it correctly. Hey just kidding! They had known that Russia would attack Ukraine AS THEY (the USA) CAUSED IT by sparing them no other option.

The US politics is quite something. Don't get surprised if we (Turkey) fight Greece in the near future. By the help of the USA, Greece, for quite some time, have been arming the legally-must-be-neutral/unarmed islands that are very very close to us, with the weapons they get from the USA.

I support neither Putin, nor Erdoğan.

But, the situations like this are not that "simple", as many people here are trying to make them out to be.

Edited by Archisorcerus - September 26 2022 at 05:12
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 05:26
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

let's stay serious shall we? Geek

Yes, he fell into a NATO trap, but he had the choice of not stepping into it. 

NATO has been after Putin since only Putin managed to stop the killings in Syria, making the US look like fools. Without Russian troops committing their usual massacres & crimes, they'd still be killing and IS would still be alive (not that it's actually dead). Sure arsehole-in-chief Bachar El Assad is still there, but at least IS is not - we could've thanked Vlado, instead of booby-trapping situation like Donbass. 

Orban may be an idiot but being voted in 5 times and 4 consecutively means that the majority of the Hungarian electorate want him in power , much to the chagrin of the Belgian-led Verhofstadt crew, who (Guy I mean) is a the real idiot. Unless you suggest to let all non-Hungarian Europeans vote for a Hungarian government and deny all Hungarians the right to vote , European values are thus saved, problem solved ! Or why bother with elections at all , just get rid of all national governments and let Brussels rule everyone? That is true democracy when your side wins. How quaint!
Why not focus now on Italy , soon to have unacceptable government ? Perhaps if there would be only Brussels ruling and no more elections, things would be better? sounds very reich-ish to me .....

are you writing in small print because you know you're saying something relatively (let's stay polite and not say totally)  stooooopid? Tongue

Orban is a near-fascist totalitarian: repressing opposition and sexual minorities and other liberties (like Erdogan in Turkey or like Poland is) and  he's modified the country's constitution so he stays in power (like Putin & Erdogan or the Chinese communist party). Poland's regime is following suit. And so is Italy, since yesterday.Cry

And your stubborn relentlessness attacks on Verhofstad (a liberal-capitalist) is really weirdConfused. Furthermore, he's been mostly out of the public's eye for nearly a decade. You should be attacking his Belgian heir, Charles Michel (the European council president, who is clearly a US/NATONuke puppet - which Verhofstadt wasn't) and Ursula sucking NATO dicks.

The very same USA-dominated toxic NATO that is currently demolishing the European aeronautical industry by forcing onto Germany, Benelux and others the horrible F-35, a piece of crap that is still unable to fly without crashing. Planes that will be grounded by a satellite, if the US don't want them to be used. 
Wake-up dude!!! 
I do not understand why a supremely cultured and uber civilized person like you needs to resort to insulting me. I do not recall showing any disrespect at all but you don't like being challenged. I am wide awake , I am not a dude. And certainly not stupid. You have never been to Hungary and YOU do not know what goes on there . Stubborn and relentless attacks on Verhofstadt ? I mentioned him once. Hungary is a near fascist state? Is the current Hungarian government FAR-RIGHT? Secret police arresting people on sight on empty streets of fear? Where everyone whispers and looks the other way? Where nighttime knocks on the door happen and people are whisked away, never to be seen again? Is this what you are describing? And how long has this been going on?
Lastly, in response to my sleeping patterns : " Quand je me regarde, je me désole. Quand je me compare aux autres, je me console” 

When I look in the mirror, I worry. When I compare myself to others, I am reassured.

Thomas, 

Sorry, I certainly not meant to insult you, but just making you realize a few things out that obviously escapes you.

Yes, Orban is as close as it gets to extreme right (so is Poland, BTW). Hungary suppresses liberty of speech and press. The next step to uber-conservatism and imposing their "values" to everyone is very "reich-ish" (your words)Wink 
BTW, I was in Hungary for a visit to a scientific institute as part of my job. But that was well before Orban (some 15 years ago)and the symposium was held on the shores of Lake Balaton (beautiful place, BTWHeart)

And yes, you are a dude, like I am one and so are my friends Hug(and my GF is a dudette) LOL

j'aime bien ton dicton... c'est très vrai Clap (pour moi aussi)

Edited by Sean Trane - September 26 2022 at 05:29
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 05:34

I'm quite serious actually. And my main point was that the politicians have a FAR BETTER grasp of the situations than you and I. I don't want to call you "pretentious", but automatically you appear so, regarding my main point. We are folks, not politicians. Not being spoon-fed by the media and researching all kinds of sources still renders us folks. I'm pretty certain that Putin knows what happened and had happened far better than us.

Surely, he could have chosen not to fight. But what if that would have threatened their very existence? What if the NATO was threatening their very existence?

Edited by Archisorcerus - September 26 2022 at 05:37
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 05:39

NATO has been after Putin since only Putin managed to stop the killings in Syria, making the US look like fools. Without Russian troops committing their usual massacres & crimes, they'd still be killing and IS would still be alive (not that it's actually dead). Sure arsehole-in-chief Bachar El Assad is still there, but at least IS is not - we could've thanked Vlado, instead of booby-trapping situation like Donbass. 

Wake-up dude!!! 

Thomas, 

Sorry, I certainly not meant to insult you, but just making you realize a few things out that obviously escapes you.

Yes, Orban is as close as it gets to extreme right (so is Poland, BTW). Hungary suppresses liberty of speech and press. The next step to uber-conservatism and imposing their "values" to everyone is very "reich-ish" (your words)Wink 
BTW, I was in Hungary for a visit to a scientific institute as part of my job. But that was well before Orban (some 15 years ago)and the symposium was held on the shores of Lake Balaton (beautiful place, BTWHeart)

And yes, you are a dude, like I am one and so are my friends Hug(and my GF is a dudette) LOL

j'aime bien ton dicton... c'est très vrai Clap (pour moi aussi)

Well, you are mistaken, then. “Describing the media market as being fully dominated by the governing party gives a very incomplete view of the story. The Hungarian media landscape has remained pluralistic, critical voices remain influential, and the spectrum of published political opinion remains broad. The biggest TV channel, German-owned RTL, is critical of the government. So is the biggest daily tabloid, Blikk, owned by Swiss publishing house Ringier, whose online edition ranks among the top four in digital ratings on most days. The biggest political weekly magazine is independent Hvg. The biggest political broadsheet is left-wing Népszava. Of the four biggest news portals—apart from Blikk—two are very critical of the government (24.hu and Telex.hu). Index.hu, under its new owners, has become more government-friendly, but not a propaganda instrument. Only Origo.hu is a decidedly pro-government news portal. Polls show that media consumers read conservative and liberal or left-leaning publications in equal proportions, meaning that Hungarians want to get the full picture by looking at both sides of any story. It also means that meaningful media pluralism still exists. All told, public attitudes in Hungary would not tolerate the abolition of free media. The country that suffered four decades of communism will not allow free speech to be suppressed.” . Orban is not FAR RIGHT - Jobbik and Mi Hazank are the 2 two parties that espouse those principles. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 05:44
What I find distressing is that the PLANET is in a serious danger, a worsening global threat of nuclear annihilation, emanating from a real dictator and all you activists are still busy bullying a small country that has voted 5 times for a government of their choice. The real reasons for this choice is clear: 2 million Budapesters voting against Fidesz and 8 million in the rest of the country voting for continuity. Had the well-funded by Soros opposition as well as Western leftist organizations (NGOs)  put more emphasis on the rural vote , the opposition would have won the election. 

There is nothing inherently wrong with a Conservative party. Saying that Hungary is a dictatorship is plainly false and slanderous. But because he has won so often, the onus is that it’s authoritarian . Merkel wasn’t authoritarian! All EU /Nato countries are constitutional governments , left or right. Comparing Hungary to Belarus or Russia is plain false. Except Orban has been successful in getting the votes. A day before the April 3 elections , external and internal polls showed a possible opposition victory. There is the proof of it being fair. Whether one likes the result or not ……

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 07:02
Ok guys, before this thread is locked by the admins (I suppose they'll do before it takes a bad path) let me add something:

Sean has mentioned Erdogan (I'm used to call him Merdogan from the Italian word for sh*t). I'd like to spend few words about what the US, Nato and their allies have let him do to the Kurds only because of geopolitical opportunity. Let me mention how he uses refugees and migrants to obtain money from the EU. The old Rog is not totally wrong, there are nazis in Donbass and Zel didn't do anything to stop them.
I disagree with Rog on one thing only: the world should give a sever lesson to Putin, otherwise he would think to be allowed to restore the Russian imperialism, so that Georgia, Moldova may be invaded as he did with Ukraine.
One more word about Lukashenko, who is also known for making money with children adoptions from orphanages, and I mention adoptons only, because I don't have clues of worse things.

Apart of that, I support Rog's positions about Palestine (and I have Jew relatives).

@Tszirmay: Some Adolf Hitler actually became Chancellor after being elected to the German parliament for the second time. Being appointed chairman after democratic elections doesn't make you a democrat. Orban is nothing but a fascist, elected or not. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 07:12
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

@Tszirmay: Some Adolf Hitler actually became Chancellor after being elected to the German parliament for the second time. Being appointed chairman after democratic elections doesn't make you a democrat. Orban is nothing but a fascist, elected or not. 

Hitler only had a (thin) majority for a government after the March 1933 elections after a widespread campaign of violence of his SA against political opponents, and had pretty much all leaders and candidates of the communist party arrested, following the fire in the Reichstag. This election was about as democratic as Putin's referenda in Donbass, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 07:14

Let me mention how he uses refugees and migrants to obtain money from the EU.

Let me mention, having refugees is TERRIBLE for our country. And how the Europe ONLY take the civilised and technically apt and educated ones, and we get the mostly horrendous troglodytes.

Believe me, this is a lucrative deal for you (Europe).

Our "persona non grata" Erdoğan and his minions profit from here too. Not only they get richer and richer for the reason you mentioned, but also those immigrants are gonna vote for Erdoğan and his party.

Believe me. Only Erdoğan and Europe benefit from this deal. You (Europe) even encourage us to have more immigrants, while you (Europe) remain as pristine as possible

I'll not talk about the Kurdish issue, as you basically have NO CLUE about the real issues about that, just like most of the people from Europe and the Anglophone world. Its roots go back to the ancient times. It has perhaps more than 4.000 years of history. 

I don't know about you, Italians; but the English love to call those Kurdish terrorists the "freedom fighters"; and just look what they did to the Irish and their present "relationship". We have Irish neighbours here and I talk to them a lot. So, I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Archisorcerus - September 26 2022 at 07:17
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 08:05
Re nazis in Ukraine:
I'm a member of an anti-nazi group in the US, we try to eradicate nazi groups through court action that bankrupts them. My ex-wife and best friend is a Jewish political activist who lived in Germany for a while.
nazi groups are in almost every country in the world, there are many nazi groups in Russia and US too. Putin is very popular with the white supremacists in the US, the white supremacists in the US are on the side of Russia, not Ukraine. That is no accident or coincidence.

Edited by Easy Money - September 26 2022 at 09:14
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 08:22
Roger Waters is incredibly stupid and dumb with his politics stances.

He's basically "everything that is bad for usa = good", so, of course, he would fall in the Putin rabbit-hole, which seems to be a point of union for far-left and far-right fanatics, which is the same thing with a different facade, imho.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 08:32
Originally posted by Deadwing Deadwing wrote:

Roger Waters is incredibly stupid and dumb with his politics stances.

Hi,

I was thinking that he is doing what some "KAG" folks are doing and saying ... anything to get people excited and riled up! It gets attention, and gets him relevant, instead of ... long gone in the annals of rock'n'roll nothingness! Tongue

It's the media factor, that we do not want to trust and learn about that makes this all ... so strange! But in a "free world" anything that can be said is being said and has been said! The problem is, we believe it since so many "big names" and "famous" people do so, and we are not big enough (or especially united!) to counter it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 09:56

Ok guys, before this thread is locked by the admins (I suppose they'll do before it takes a bad path) let me add something:

Sean has mentioned Erdogan (I'm used to call him Merdogan from the Italian word for sh*t). I'd like to spend few words about what the US, Nato and their allies have let him do to the Kurds only because of geopolitical opportunity. Let me mention how he uses refugees and migrants to obtain money from the EU. The old Rog is not totally wrong, there are nazis in Donbass and Zel didn't do anything to stop them.
I disagree with Rog on one thing only: the world should give a sever lesson to Putin, otherwise he would think to be allowed to restore the Russian imperialism, so that Georgia, Moldova may be invaded as he did with Ukraine.
One more word about Lukashenko, who is also known for making money with children adoptions from orphanages, and I mention adoptons only, because I don't have clues of worse things.

Apart of that, I support Rog's positions about Palestine (and I have Jew relatives).

I agree completely with my compatriot (funny word, compatriot, for someone like me who does not believe in the concept of homeland).

There is only one point I would like to make. What does it mean to "give Putin a sever lesson"? The question is not so simple. Putin is not a schoolboy to be put in detention. Putin holds atomic arsenal, gas, oil and grain on which the European economy depends. Even now, Europe is about to go into an economic recession, increased poverty, energy crisis, precisely because of the sanctions given to Putin. And Putin is about to annex pieces of Ukraine, which he is ready to defend even with the atomic arsenal. In poor words, World War III has already begun, for now fought at low intensity and only locally. If we want (subject: we, the West) to defeat Putin completely we must prepare for a nuclear scenario, where Ukraine could be destroyed and where the economy and the environment and European health care could lead to consequences never seen on our continent since 1945. And once Putin is defeated, Russia could end up in chaos, could disintegrate, with unpredictable consequences. 
Don't you think Putin's punishment is the one already in place? In Russia, his consensus is at an all-time low, people are fleeing, the economy is in crisis, and his war of invasion has been self-limited to the border areas. In short, Russia is in such bad shape that the dream of a new imperialism is now completely impractical.

I would add: I hope that on this site we can get back to talking about politics without threads being closed. In my opinion, the administrators should moderate the posts by letting all political opinions go free, deleting only the posts that offend the writer, without closing anything. Otherwise what happens is that the one who insults has great power: he gets into a thread, starts saying offensive things, and gets it closed. This cannot be the solution.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 11:20

What I find distressing is that the PLANET is in a serious danger, a worsening global threat of nuclear annihilation, emanating from a real dictator and all you activists are still busy bullying a small country that has voted 5 times for a government of their choice. The real reasons for this choice is clear: 2 million Budapesters voting against Fidesz and 8 million in the rest of the country voting for continuity. Had the well-funded by Soros opposition as well as Western leftist organizations (NGOs)  put more emphasis on the rural vote , the opposition would have won the election. 

There is nothing inherently wrong with a Conservative party. Saying that Hungary is a dictatorship is plainly false and slanderous. But because he has won so often, the onus is that it’s authoritarian . Merkel wasn’t authoritarian! All EU /Nato countries are constitutional governments , left or right. Comparing Hungary to Belarus or Russia is plain false. Except Orban has been successful in getting the votes. A day before the April 3 elections , external and internal polls showed a possible opposition victory. There is the proof of it being fair. Whether one likes the result or not ……

Wow, Thomas,

I can't help you much other than pointing out a few things, but I'm probably tickling your magyarism (though I thought you were polish) too far. If you don't see it, I can't help you further.

Just about three weeks ago, Orban announced that he was closing his borders (once more >>> he was the first to rebuild a wall in Europe in 2015) and refusing any newcomers, because he wanted to "preserve the magyar culture and its uniqueness". Dead
Doesn't that sound very nauseating (like reich-ish ot aryanist)?Question
Sure, he's not professing (yet) the superiority of magyar people, but isn't that +/- fascist (at least uber-conservatism).
How long before he claims Transylvania as a hungarian territory? Ditto for some parts of Vojvodina in the north of Serbia? Ermm

Sooooo, yeah, Orban has won elections  (most of them stained with irregularities), but does that make it right in a democracy? Tickling your people in their nationalism was done in 33 in a city called Berlin, with the results we all know.

The only intelligent (sort of, anyways) thing Orban has done is not to boycott russian gaz & oil. Maybe the magyars will have an easier winter than most other countries on the continent.

========================

How times have changed... Shocked
When I think that Hungary got in trouble in 2004 (just after joining the EC) for wanting to call all tzigans/roms as hungarians.  Of course they (Hungary) got into trouble because that would've made hundreds of roms tribes as far as i India "europeans". That was generous... today, pettiness rules (all over europe). Stern Smile

==================

whether one likes it or not, but the old feuds in eastern europe are picking up where they left off once the soviets liberated/invaded these regions. It's almost regrettable that the Warsaw pact disappeared, outside a few internal invasions (56 & 68) OuchCry, because of the cold-war Europe has had 80 years (well, let's not count ex-yugoslavia in the 90's) of peace for the first time in thousands of years.

Not that the western side is doing it better, but far-right almost making it in France, Sweden, ItalyCry) - not mentionning secessionsit movements DeadOuch ala Catalunia or Corsica (or Scotland)... The whole continent is unfortunately going into intestinal wars area within the next decades.

Ukraine wanting to get rid of the russian past and minorities, Serbs attacking other ex-yugo republics because they escape Belgrade's authority,  etc...

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 13:20

I did my thesis on the NSDAP, and as an addendum, the similarities between Global Socialism and National Socialism. This was in 1975 . I have researched to the fullest. Your "opinion" is noted. 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 13:25

Wow, Thomas,

I can't help you much other than pointing out a few things, but I'm probably tickling your magyarism (though I thought you were polish) too far. If you don't see it, I can't help you further.

Just about three weeks ago, Orban announced that he was closing his borders (once more >>> he was the first to rebuild a wall in Europe in 2015) and refusing any newcomers, because he wanted to "preserve the magyar culture and its uniqueness". Dead
Sure, he's not professing (yet) the superiority of magyar people, but isn't that +/- fascist (at least uber-conservatism).
How long before he claims Transylvania as a hungarian territory? Ditto for some parts of Vojvodina in the north of Serbia? Ermm

Sooooo, yeah, Orban has won elections  (most of them stained with irregularities), but does that make it right in a democracy? Tickling your people in their nationalism was done in 33 in a city called Berlin, with the results we all know.

The only intelligent (sort of, anyways) thing Orban has done is not to boycott russian gaz & oil. Maybe the magyars will have an easier winter than most other countries on the continent.

========================

When I think that Hungary got in trouble in 2004 (just after joining the EC) for wanting to call all tzigans/roms as hungarians.  Of course they (Hungary) got into trouble because that would've made hundreds of roms tribes as far as i India "europeans". That was generous... today, pettiness rules (all over europe). Stern Smile

==================

whether one likes it or not, but the old feuds in eastern europe are picking up where they left off once the soviets liberated/invaded these regions. It's almost regrettable that the Warsaw pact disappeared, outside a few internal invasions (56 & 68) OuchCry, because of the cold-war Europe has had 80 years (well, let's not count ex-yugoslavia in the 90's) of peace for the first time in thousands of years.

Not that the western side is doing it better, but far-right almost making it in France, Sweden, ItalyCry) - not mentionning secessionsit movements DeadOuch ala Catalunia or Corsica (or Scotland)... The whole continent is unfortunately going into intestinal wars area within the next decades.

Ukraine wanting to get rid of the russian past and minorities, Serbs attacking other ex-yugo republics because they escape Belgrade's authority,  etc...

I am obviously not worthy of your incredible on hand knowledge but I of course thought you were Dutch (A another fine bastion of "democracy" . Anyways, I have been fighting this lost MOR centrist mindset and I get slammed by both sides for being (get this ...ignorant) I have been trained at a young age to be weary of extremist behaviour and rebellious towards blindly obeying any politician or fad slogan , as history has proven over and over that most if not all politicians are slippery by definition: staying in power is more important than achieving power. All are guilty of steering wherever the wind blows. So I question not only their rhetoric but also that of their opponents , distrusting their true intentions comes very naturally. I weigh all arguments, look for numbers and facts , then I apply my own rationale, independent of any Politburo . I will not be subverted, indoctrinated, converted or perverted by distortion, endless criticism, psychological warfare of words and Marxist-Leninist dystopia. On the other side, I will not bend to uncompromising and outdated failures like the fascist/Nazi ideology and NWO megalomania with the new current Global Social Justice Warrior nihilism claiming to be be liberal when in fact they are the culture fascists. If you don"t like a government , that is fine , that is why there are elections.  I will not bother to respond to those who say only one sides lies, distorts and manipulates....Please...
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 13:26

Wow, Thomas,

========================

==================

BTW , I don't need your HELP. I never liked you from day one ,16 years ago....You are too pushy, way too opinionated and often rude, to my liking. I do love the Red Devils though

Edited by tszirmay - September 26 2022 at 13:28
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 14:04
Every time I fall into the trap. the PA political forums are one sided against everybody (i doubt the few fascists left listen to prog). Uselessly contrarian and endlessly obstinate, the main culprits don't even bother responding to any fact that challenges their opinions. Last bell for me. 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 14:13
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Hitler only had a (thin) majority for a government after the March 1933 elections after a widespread campaign of violence of his SA against political opponents, and had pretty much all leaders and candidates of the communist party arrested, following the fire in the Reichstag. This election was about as democratic as Putin's referenda in Donbass, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia.
Correct, Hindenburg offered him (most reluctantly and perhaps via blackmail through his son) the Chancellorship , with the hope that von Papen and Hugenberg would be able to rein him in. Not quite. Then later Hindenburg died. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>