Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"ITCOT Crimson King at 50" Film

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2022 at 14:03
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

However I would have welcomed more a documentary of the whole career of the band, while the film, although it does contain some vintage footage and appearance of past members, is mostly centered on the 50th anniversary tour.

Agree 100% on this.  The first lineup was given a bit of time, mostly via interviews with McDonald and Michael Giles.  I think I only heard Greg Lake's name invoked twice during the whole film, one of which was Jakko discussing Lake as an influence on his vocal stylings.  Barely a mention at all of the Boz era and, shockingly, virtually no insight into the Larks/Red era other than a couple brief interviews with Bruford and Muir.  

Dear old Uncle Bobby is all about the current lineup of the band and wants that put forth as much as possible, which is lovely and warranted...but I would have preferred more balance to the film overall in terms of the various eras of this legendary band that were glossed over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12