Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - David Bowie Tribute with Adrian Belew & Rundgren
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Bowie Tribute with Adrian Belew & Rundgren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Bowie Tribute with Adrian Belew & Rundgren
    Posted: November 06 2022 at 19:06
I'll be going to the "David Bowie Tribute Tour" in Tucson, Arizona USA on Friday, 12 November.  

I bought the tickets on the strength of the lineup, particularly Adrain Belew and Todd Rundgren.  

I am enthusiastic about the concept, but the little bit that appears on YouTube doesn't thrill me.  Do any of you know much about this tour?  Thanks!  

Edited by cstack3 - November 06 2022 at 19:08
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2022 at 19:28
Sounds like it'll be a great concert. I hope you enjoy it.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2022 at 23:14
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate that!!  

Here's another article without Rolling Stone's paywall:

I never saw David in concert, but I did see him in the stage play "The Elephant Man" and he was excellent!  

I've seen Adrian many times (King Crimson, solo) and even bumped into him in the audience at a Robert Fripp/David Sylvian show!  Fine fellow! 

Finally, I've seen Todd with "Utopia," which was an amazing concert, and with his "acapella" project, which was quite interesting.  

I'll post a review to PA, thanks! Thumbs Up

Edited by cstack3 - November 06 2022 at 23:16
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 22:45
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Manuel, it was AMAZING!!  I'll post a review soon!  Here's a shot of the stage! 

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 09:12
Hi,

I can appreciate the artistry and the thank you ... but I find it sad, nonetheless. 

I guess that I know that we lost one massive original and special artist, like we have lost many others, but in the end, it seems to me like all we learned is to appreciate a few songs ... and not the rest of the work, and I have weird, mixed feelings about that. 

I miss the artist, not one song or two because of this or that person, regardless of who they are. Maybe I might have felt different (you too!) when we saw a Paganini, blow Mozart into a volcano with lava and all we could do is sit and go ... WOW ... we never thought of the music that way! Or the artist for that matter!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 09:51
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I can appreciate the artistry and the thank you ... but I find it sad, nonetheless. 

I guess that I know that we lost one massive original and special artist, like we have lost many others, but in the end, it seems to me like all we learned is to appreciate a few songs ... and not the rest of the work, and I have weird, mixed feelings about that. 

I miss the artist, not one song or two because of this or that person, regardless of who they are. Maybe I might have felt different (you too!) when we saw a Paganini, blow Mozart into a volcano with lava and all we could do is sit and go ... WOW ... we never thought of the music that way! Or the artist for that matter!

why the negativity? All they do is show their love and respect for Bowie. Nothing wrong with that. 
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 14:55
I'm sure it was a great show, if they came to my homeland I would surely go!
 Post Reply Post Reply