Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nektar shows Thanksgiving weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KayZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar shows Thanksgiving weekend
    Posted: November 07 2022 at 15:19
A great way to cap your Thanksgiving Weekend!
Nektar will be at Orion Studios in Baltimore, MD for 2 shows (3 & 8 p.m.) on Saturday, Nov. 26
On Sunday, Nov. 27, they head to Sellersville Theater in Sellersville, PA at 8 p.m.
Tickets at www.nektarsmusic.com

Get ready for March 2023, when the guys hit the road to celebrate the 50th anniversary of "Remember the Future"!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2022 at 16:13
Too bad I'm kind of far from the Sellersville theater these days. I've actually seen Nektar there and it's a good venue for them at this stage of the game. 
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2022 at 20:48
I wish I could be there. Have fun, Nektar is a great band, with a fantastic show.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2022 at 07:08
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I wish I could be there. Have fun, Nektar is a great band, with a fantastic show.

Hi,

If given the chance to see them again, I might try it. But having seen the original in its prime, twice, makes me have a tough go at some of the new stuff ... I miss the energy that Roye brought us all to ... it was just so strong and beautiful to not enjoy it, and (granted!!!) this is a tribute to him more than anything else, although per some recordings around, I would like to see the vocals cleaned up some more ... they don't have to be the same, but someone with a "director's mind" (film like) would probably have a better idea of how this can be done, that the current Nektar is not able to see.

Let's just say that it needs to feel much more than just "lyrics" or "rock music". And most rock bands can never get away from that sophomoric idea.

But, goodness, ... I even cry listening to some of these things, and the incredible punch and judy that "Sounds Like This" gave the band for many years. It was them on and off the stage!

"A Day in the Life of a Preacher" ... INDEED!!! It's not about Jimi ... it's about Roye!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2022 at 16:09
I'm thinking of going to Nektar's show for the 50th Anniversary tour. Might be a great show to check out.
 Post Reply Post Reply