Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Gabriel - i/o (New Album)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Gabriel - i/o (New Album)
    Posted: November 10 2022 at 07:05
"i/o The Tour will see Peter playing new material from his forthcoming album i/o, as well as delving into his extensive catalogue of music, with hits, fan favourites and the unexpected. For the shows, Gabriel will be joined by regular band-mates Tony Levin, David Rhodes and Manu Katché. Full details on the i/o album will follow."

Source: https://petergabriel.com/news/i-o-the-tour-announced/

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 07:07
I gather some of the tickets are around £200 each. I'll be giving the tour a miss but looking forward to some new music. Even Kate Bush doesn't take this long to release new albums.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 07:17
Taking Up as his last "real" studio album, it's going to be more than twenty years waiting for this. Better be good...
Jherek6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jherek6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 08:58
I look forward to new music.  It will be like hearing from an old friend.Smile

Edited by Jherek6 - November 10 2022 at 09:28
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 10:23
Glad to hear he hasn't retired yet !
I don't think anything he's ever done has ever really disappointed me so I'm waiting on pins and needles...and man does that hurt my butt. Wink
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 11:15
I'm looking forward to listening to new music from PG. Smile
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 12:52
Watiing for the tix to the belgian leg :-)
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 13:11
If it's up to Up, I'm up for i/o.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 15:52
who would have thought this day would ever happen 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 16:41
Great news. Finally some new music from PG.

Hopefully there will be a video release of the latest concerts.

Love me some PG.
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
TheNefariousHED View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheNefariousHED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 08:31
Finally! Some at least as good as Up (and maybe not as overproduced) would be lovely!

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 05:46
I can't wait to hear the new album.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 11:22
Yup.....All over this, PG is one of two musical geniuses in my book.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 02:45
Note he is playing the Utilita Arena in Birmingham. Love that venue and recently saw Deep Purple there on their farewell tour.

I did see him at Earls Court back in the 90's. Interesting gig that featured Sinead O'Connor. Can't say I've ever been a massive fan but having said that Solsbury Hill is probably my favourite song of all time. 

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 05:57
Hi,

I do not dislike PG and have his solo albums. I did see him on his first tour with Random Hold (I think it was ... not sure), and it was fine, but I really was hoping for more "concept" material, something that he had talked about in the MM pages upon leaving ... but he forgot all about it, and went all songs from that first album on. Good things, don't care things, and so what things.

Honestly, I do not think he can put together something special. He has been so all over the place for so long that I am not sure he can actually center himself properly to do something original that will burn our socks off. I'll listen to it on the tube or whatever is linked everywhere, but I am not sure that I will buy it.

I felt the same about PT and their release. Nice album, but it is much more about the mastering and the production, than it is the music. The music is made to sound better because of the production, but in the end, the material still is ... for me ... mostly hollow and lacking meaningful and helpful purpose and ideal. I tend to think of PG the same way, even if he got SW to "produce" the material. 

Weird side of it, is the stuff all over saying that PG's voice was shot ... and how he adjusts to it. Well, one good way is to do some acting on the songs, instead of "singing" but the last one that did that we lambasted the sob to the end of the earth and at least 6 feet under! And he is still not liked for his Fish voice! Oh, we could also mention that Lanzetti guy! 

It's probably just another rock song album! Big deal!

Edited by moshkito - November 18 2022 at 06:00
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 04:31
First teaser. Just a glimpse of a session with a fragment of music:

Source: http://www.mellotronweb.com.ar/
TheNefariousHED View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheNefariousHED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 05:07
Sounds timeless! Can't wait to dive in.
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2022 at 08:38
Got tickets for Birmingham, can't wait!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 04:11
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 05:56
I like it. A lot.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>