Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Poll 10: Various years albums from 1967 to 2022
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poll 10: Various years albums from 1967 to 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: If you appreciate any of these, please vote for up to six albums
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [10.07%]
7 [5.04%]
9 [6.47%]
18 [12.95%]
11 [7.91%]
4 [2.88%]
10 [7.19%]
25 [17.99%]
6 [4.32%]
6 [4.32%]
1 [0.72%]
4 [2.88%]
3 [2.16%]
3 [2.16%]
5 [3.60%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [0.72%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [2.88%]
2 [1.44%]
1 [0.72%]
1 [0.72%]
3 [2.16%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [0.72%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2023 at 16:54
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Titanic Rising is absolutely amazing. I
hate to say it, but it's my favorite album out of these (at the
moment).

Weyes Blood is fantastic, and (doing a Paul) I have been lifted up by Titanic Rising. I often favour what I think of as more progressive and art pop than what I think of as Progressive Rock and Art Rock, especially post 70s (and a lot that would be crossover). And I find much of the pop (as a genre classification rather than meaning popular) more progressive than Prog in a way.
Titanic Rising has been the perfect album for me in the last year - and my most listened to. I must have spun it more than twenty times before I even thought of checking out the rest of her discography. When I finally did, I started with the equally wondrous Front Row Seat to Earth from 2016, and worked my way further backwards. Doing so I've discovered a progressive artist in the truest sense. From her dark ambient/experimental folk-beginnings through this sort of progressive folk / psychedelic folk-period (not necessarily progressive as in "prog") into her present grand, yet intimate baroque pop-era... I've been loving it all. Including the latest album And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow*, which I've come to learn is the second part of a trilogy.

...I've tried to select six albums out of these, but it proved to difficult. I know Red, Duck Stab, H to He... and of course Titanic Rising would be "always" be among them. And probably Impropera... But I want five or six albums in the last spot. But these polls are mostly about shining a light on some of your favorite music and getting some replies, aren't they? I know it's mostly about that whenever I make a poll.

*before her solo project, in 2006, the eighteen year old Natalie Mering, aka Wise Blood (a little later Weyes Bluhd) played keyboards, bass, sang (and based on photos I've seen, often drenched in fake blood) etc... in noise-bands such as Jackie O-Motherf**ker and Satanized. She's come a long way since then:) Can't wait to see her live, later this year.

I'd heard some, but I've just listened to all of Weye's Blood's Front Row Seat to Earth (2016 is such a great year) and loved it -- that will geta lot of play with me now. Thanks for all of the info on this terrific and interesting artist. I'll be sure to explore much more of her work. I like her latest a lot too. And yes, these polls mostly are about shining a light on some of my faves, and getting responses. A big thing too has been that it has led to recommendations (especially from you) and that has led to many more favourites and other avenues opening up. Discovered plenty of great music in the interactive polls too as well as that youtube music videos thread and various suggestion threads.

In this particular series, part of the reason was for me to prepare playlists, as sometimes I like to listen to a variety of music, and creating a playlist can create a new context for music and add to my appreciation. And it gets me revisiting favourites. With other polls I have taken some rather different approaches. Some to try to connect with different audiences and challenge myself (and hopefully others) to some different music, some as a kind of research when I have bouts of insomnia like with the Prog albums in rateyourmusic series. That was an interesting one for me to do because I have used RYM charts a lot to discover music, and I find it interesting comparing the audiences there and here -- I align more with the RYM ratings generally than here when it comes to music that PA puts under the prog umbrella (and RYM covers a lot more music that I am into being a general music site). I definitely have found much value in both sites as research tools (as well as reddit...). I'm still only a member here.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2023 at 17:00
^ If you like Weyes Blood, then you may like Jane Weaver too. Thumbs Up

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2023 at 17:10
^ Oh yeah, I love that, Paul, thanks!
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2023 at 20:29
I've got my tickets to see Weyes Blood in March. Should be an amazing show! Thumbs Up
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2023 at 21:58
Lucky you and Saperlipopette! Oh, looked up concert listings here, and she'll be performing here in March as well. I'll snag some tickets for myself and the wife. So lucky me too! Excellent.

On second thought, they have already sold many tickets that only the more expensive ones are left, and with the rise in interest rates (and I have two mortgages) I will give it a pass sadly.

Edited by Logan - January 04 2023 at 22:06
Argentinfonico View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argentinfonico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2023 at 16:41
Duck Stab
Red
H to He, Who Am the Only One
Hunky Dory
Mais on ne peut pas rever tout
Arbeit Macht Frei
-Will I see you tonight?
-I never make plans that far ahead.

Casablanca (1942)
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2023 at 16:46
Edgar Froese
King Crimson
Art Zoyd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12