Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YES Cashes In

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YES Cashes In
    Posted: January 29 2023 at 08:25
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
telefunk View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telefunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 10:55
Well, at some point before you die, you should be able to live comfortably. Specially the surviving original members who composed the greatest music. Can it be called rock? Thank god no! Anf f*ck the r&r hall of shame.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 11:45
I hope this helps preserve their legacy.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 13:32

nice typo in the news report !
The legendary prog rockers have agreed a deal with Warner Music Group (WMG) over the rights to their Atlantic Records albums, a total of 29 LPs including their first 12 studio efforts - from their self-titled debut to '1987's 'Big Generator'- and various live recordings and ....complications.

Edited by mellotronwave - January 29 2023 at 13:33
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 14:59
^ Well, we're talking about Yes, aren't we? Always complicated... Wink LOL

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 01:48
another round of pointless remasters to look forward to then. Joy.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 06:44
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

another round of pointless remasters to look forward to then. Joy.

Hi,

Not to mention a few commercials here and there ... I can see it now ... And You and I for a toothpaste commercial!

But what the heck ... at least several of their members will have enough money to live well for a while ... and one can only hope that some of the "side folks" also get a nickel here and there ... 

Edited by moshkito - January 30 2023 at 06:45
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 10:30
Pointless remasters for some, it's your money buy what you want.......But what this does is allows the albums to remain in rotation for perpetuity.
Being that this is a prog site, we should be happy Yes music will not die or at minimum be forgotten about....
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 10:52
^Exactly, it helps demonstrate the 'value' of the music. Something we all know here already. Thumbs Up
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 11:41
I really have no issue in bands doing this, selling their catalog. These bands are companies, they might be a simple partnership or some kind of LLC and maybe only the original members are part of the company. Only the music rights are being sold to Warner Music.
So it means if Mobile Fidelity or Analogue Productions wants to issue a Yes album in the future they will have to pay Warner for the rights to do this. The band members will not get any of this anymore, they are getting their payday with this sale...No value listed but I'll guess about $150 million, considering Genesis was about $300 million.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 13:04
Good for them, they have earned it. I guess I would do the same at my time of retiring.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 06:41
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Good for them, they have earned it. I guess I would do the same at my time of retiring.

Hi,

Pretty much ... it's like ... I have to not do the counting anymore or worry about anything. Time to relax and go smell the roses! And buy some cigars, maybe!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 07:43
Yes supports a lot of people which is why the current horrible band still tours. This move was inevitable 
timbo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 11:38
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Yes supports a lot of people which is why the current horrible band still tours. 

I went to see the “current horrible band” earlier this year, on the CTTE 50th anniversary tour.
The band were better than I expected. Not Jon Anderson to be sure, and possibly not as good as 50 years ago, but well worth the ticket price. Plus I was too young to see the original shows - or any other tour until 90125.

Not so horrible…
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 13:10
Live comfortably? Are these guys living in 800-sq apartments scrounging for rent?
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 13:54
Smart move. It takes care of those left in their impending old age as well as the family of the estates that have passed on.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 22:26
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Yes supports a lot of people which is why the current horrible band still tours. This move was inevitable 

As Chris Squire once said, "I have a lot of pie holes to fill!"   RIP Chris!

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
 Post Reply Post Reply