0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 07:29
@Kees: Frahm & Mueller is a fantastic album indeed. I hadn't thought of it but I have it actually.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 08:17
^^
@Kees, great you are in after all! Clap

Edited by Mila-13 - March 27 2023 at 08:21
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 08:27

Edited by Cristi - March 27 2023 at 08:36
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 09:11
@Mila: I took a day off for this... Wink

@Cristi: Ha, almost forgot about Yazoo; nice to hear them again. Was also thinking about Page & Plant, regarding the famous duos...

...but on the famous side of things we also have Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes:

The Buggles - Vermillion Sands:

And although less famous, maybe, for Mr and Mrs Smith, they're famous with us Progheads: Bill Bruford and Tony Levin, here with Chris Botti and David Torn.

Bruford Levin Upper Extremities - Original Sin:

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 09:31

Here are my first two propsals. Both duos consist mainly of German artists, whereby one of each combo is very well known and the other maybe a bit less.

Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld: A Quiet Life

This one I have shared with Anders a while ago and he liked it a lot. I hope he shows up again at some point. It's about time!

With the next one I would like to honour the new Academy Award winner Volker Bertelmann aka . .

Hauschka & Kai Angermann: Brighton One

The two have recently played at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, a concert that had to be postponed due to the pandemic.

Edited by Mila-13 - March 28 2023 at 19:10
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 10:05
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

@Cristi: Ha, almost forgot about Yazoo; nice to hear them again. Was also thinking about Page & Plant, regarding the famous duos...

There is also the Coverdale/Page collaboration, from 1993, really good hard rock/blues-rock album. I think i posted one of their songs in an IP round. Tongue

Edited by Cristi - March 27 2023 at 10:22
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 10:22
^^
@Kees, I feel very honoured but I guess this is a joke . .  But seriously, we would have missed you! Wink

I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 10:44
Originally posted by Mila-13 Mila-13 wrote:

I think it would be interesting to have two different acts or at least tracks from two different albums.

Neither option works for me because (I just discovered) I have only one other album by a duo: Andy Summers & Robert Fripp - I Advance Masked, which I don't listen to and therefore am not inclined to post anything from it (I need to connect with the music I post in these polls).

As for the instructions to the listener for my first contribution, they are quite easy: listen to the first 11 minutes 37 seconds only. It is fortunate that the tracks are at the beginning of the album. Although my second contribution could have used the same video, I chose not to do that (just in case I manage to find a video of Part 1).

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 11:13
^ Actually, I didn't consider duos operating under a group name. It turns out that Shamblemaths is a duo. So, I'll submit:

Shamblemaths - Shamblemaths - Conglomeration (or: the Grand Pathetic Suite)

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 12:12
William and Jim Reid.  They trade lead vocals.  They compose everything.  My all-time favorite non-prog band

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 15:49
I know I have posted a number of things already, but I really wanted to bring in something that (a) isn't on PA, (b) by artists that I haven't played in these polls yet, and (c) is reasonably unknown, and, of course, (d) good. Obviously, the longer these polls go on, the deeper I have to dig, but I found something...
Phantom Orchard (Zeena Parkins & Ikue Mori) - Jezebel. Enjoy!

Edited by Lewian - March 27 2023 at 15:50
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2023 at 23:06
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

^ Actually, I didn't consider duos operating under a group name. It turns out that Shamblemaths is a duo. So, I'll submit:

Shamblemaths - Shamblemaths - Conglomeration (or: the Grand Pathetic Suite)

Thanks so much! Indeed, sometimes people are not even aware that some bands are actually duos because they sound so powerful. I believe that thanks to technical means, nowadays smaller combos and solo projects are even trending. Maybe I should add this to the descritpion by including the term "two-piece bands" or similar. - Which Godley & Creme tracks to you want to keep?

Btw. do you have another, a bit shorter nichkname? That would make it easier to communicate and also it would be a bit more personal. Otherwise I'll come up with one myself, e.g. Angus, after Angus Young . . LOL

Edited by Mila-13 - March 28 2023 at 00:45
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2023 at 03:08
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

William and Jim Reid.  They trade lead vocals.  They compose everything.  My all-time favorite non-prog band.

Helllo and welcome!
A great band, indeed! Would you like to participate or are you just sharing your songs? If you want to participate you can suggest another artist or band and I will include them in the poll when the time has come. Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2023 at 04:12

Which Godley & Creme tracks to you want to keep?

I think I'll postpone that decision until nomination.

Btw. do you have another, a bit shorter nichkname? That would make it easier to communicate and also it would be a bit more personal. Otherwise I'll come up with one myself, e.g. Angus, after Angus Young . . LOL

If you're quoting me, where the forum software does the work of using my full username, making it clear that you are talking to me, then I suppose you can abbreviate my username to "IPD", which others have done in the past. Or you could call me "Mr Time Vaults" (in reference to my avatar).

Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2023 at 16:05

^ OK Mister. I actually avoid using this quoting function because I find it a bit annoying when I have to scroll down all the way when going through the comments. Wink

Edited by Mila-13 - March 28 2023 at 22:33
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2023 at 18:57
I had this duo in a poll last year, but they are worth another track so I can continue my personal apace theme. Ghost Powrer are Jeremy Novak of Dymaxion and Timothy Gane of Stereolab.

Track is Astral Melancholy Suite.

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2023 at 19:20
Getting away from space and to the sea, here is a duo I have not had in these polls. Recorded as Lobo Marino, the duo of Laney Sullivan and Jameson Price now go by the name Holy River and are local to Richmond Virginia.

Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2023 at 01:06

Here's a playlist for everything up to now. It will be updated as the tracks come in. They are grouped consecutively by participant. Also there is a tracklist in the playlist description (artist only). The playlist has been added to the OP.

Edited by Mila-13 - March 29 2023 at 06:58
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2023 at 11:47
Some of my favourite acts are duos, and there are many duo albums that I like:

Both Boards of Canada and Air are two particular favourites. These Trails is another particular one I might mention and Terry Riley and Cale's Church of Anthrax (which I might have nominated my fave track from before).

I'll just mention one now since I am so into Boards of Canada currently, and maybe there's a better chance that less people will recognise this than some others I really like (even if they have heard the album before)

Boards of Canada - "The Beach at Redpoint' (from Geogaddi, 2002)

For those that don't know, the not Canadian but Scottish electronic duo Boards of Canada consists of brothers Michael Peter Sandison and Marcus Eoin Sandison.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2023 at 17:13
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Some of my favourite acts are duos, and there are many duo albums that I like:

Both Boards of Canada and Air are two particular favourites. These Trails is another particular one I might mention and Terry Riley and Cale's Church of Anthrax (which I might have nominated my fave track from before).

I'll just mention one now since I am so into Boards of Canada currently, and maybe there's a better chance that less people will recognise this than some others I really like (even if they have heard the album before)

Boards of Canada - "The Beach at Redpoint' (from Geogaddi, 2002)

For those that don't know, the not Canadian but Scottish electronic duo Boards of Canada consists of brothers 

Nice of you to join us, Greg! Indeed, there are many electronic acts that are duos. There is a separate category for the better-known acts, so don't hesitate to nominate e.g. Air, no matter whether you have recently mentioned them. For the separate category you can nominate one and for the main category up to two tracks. Smile

Edited by Mila-13 - March 30 2023 at 17:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>