Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Anderson with the Band Geeks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson with the Band Geeks
    Posted: May 12 2023 at 08:16
I saw this gig last Tuesday in St. Louis. The setlist was fantastic:

Yours in No Disgrace
Perpetual Change
Close to the Edge
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper
Awaken

And You and I
I've Seen All Good People
Gates of Delirium
Roundabout
Owner of a Lonely Heart

Getting CTTE, Awaken, and Gates of Delirium in one night was pretty amazing.

Everyone was walking out saying "Well that may be the last time I see Jon Anderson." While his voice was still quite good, he was missing some lyrics and cues, and kept saying "I don't know where I am" between songs. It definitely evoked some sad feelings but appreciation for the music over the years.

The Band Geeks did a great job as cover bands go. The sound / mix wasn't great though it did improve through the night. 

Curious if anyone else has seen this tour.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 08:30
I haven't seen the tour but I've seen the video. Thumbs Up

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 15:21
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Yours in No Disgrace
Perpetual Change
Close to the Edge
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper
Awaken

And You and I
Gates of Delirium
Roundabout
Owner of a Lonely Heart

Everyone was walking out saying "Well that may be the last time I see Jon Anderson." While his voice was still quite good, he was missing some lyrics and cues, and kept saying "I don't know where I am" between songs. It definitely evoked some sad feelings but appreciation for the music over the years.

The Band Geeks did a great job as cover bands go. The sound / mix wasn't great though it did improve through the night. 

I'm envious. Sounds like a magic evening. Smile
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 16:31
I saw Yes with Benoit David in a small venue with Alan White and Oliver Wakeman and it was phenomenal - their version of CTTE was one of the best things I've ever seen live in my life. 

I also saw Anderson Rabin Wakeman in a much larger venue and was really impressed by how good Anderson's voice still was and how dang tall Wakeman is. (Maybe just in comparison to the others).

This gig was definitely a notch below either of those but was still a great night. I'm a sucker for Heart of the Sunrise and I've Seen All Good People even though the epics were the special treat. Had great seats in a medium venue - which definitely added to the experience.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 16:47
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Yours in No Disgrace
Perpetual Change
Close to the Edge
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper
Awaken

And You and I
Gates of Delirium
Roundabout
Owner of a Lonely Heart

I'm envious. Sounds like a magic evening. Smile

For Sure !
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2023 at 05:46
I've heard is a great show. I wish I could have been there to see it live.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2023 at 07:01
I would see this not the current”Yes” - if he could get the staging correct it could be Like what Hackett has done so successfully- I saw it on YouTube and they seem too crowded on the stage
Yesola View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yesola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 14:33
hopefully they will do this again soon. 
 Post Reply Post Reply