Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 24 bands fifth studio albums with 4-10 votes each
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24 bands fifth studio albums with 4-10 votes each

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: If a preference be, which of these albums will get your vote as liked?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [3.23%]
1 [1.61%]
2 [3.23%]
3 [4.84%]
1 [1.61%]
6 [9.68%]
3 [4.84%]
2 [3.23%]
4 [6.45%]
2 [3.23%]
3 [4.84%]
2 [3.23%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.61%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.61%]
3 [4.84%]
2 [3.23%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.23%]
3 [4.84%]
1 [1.61%]
7 [11.29%]
11 [17.74%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2023 at 15:51
Gotta be Future Days
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2023 at 23:28
try as I might, I can't decide on just one to vote for anyone in this poll…
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 02:08
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Phaedra or Future Days - None of them stays in the shelf for very long. To choose one over the other is near impossible.

the former album had three votes and the latter only one, so I gave it to Future Days based on that. 
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 03:56
DT just over IQ.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 09:00
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

I'm not much for making a choice between Wolf City and Godbluff. I'm also fond of Future Days and Rain Dances.

If I could make a new voting, it might be Godbluff.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 13:18
I thought it was a multiple choice poll, so I voted for Camel, but Caravan, Gong, Gentle Giant, Tangerine Dream, Magma, Orme and even Marillion would have got my vote. All albums that I own in vinyl
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 18:10
^ Yeah, I decided not to do multiple votes partially out of deference to Lewian before (who had concerns with it). And I do wish I had left off the "try as I might, I can't decide on just one to vote for" because it is the most popular option.. As usual, though, I'm more interested in looking at the posts than the poll results.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2023 at 19:25
Well, THAT didn't take long!

I immediately voted for Amon Duul's "Wolf City," one of my all-time favorite LPs!  

RIP Lothar Meid! 

Edited by cstack3 - May 14 2023 at 19:26
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 01:52
Tough choices but in the end, the last, great album of the 'classic' prog era - Western Culture!
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 02:36
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 07:13
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I feel like ADII should be here 2, but I have not heard that in ages and know the earlier ADII much better. I should rectify that.

Hi,

For the longest time, "Wolf City" was my favorite AD2 album. The original LP, not the CD issued later, which had the sides of the album reversed, because "Surrounded by the Stars" had been noticed by many fans. Sadly, putting this song at the start, took away the wonderful order that the album had, and how it built up the strength, even with one experimental cut and a comedy cut on side one. Putting these on "Side 2" generally means no one is going to listen to the rest of the album anyway!

Since that time, when that happened, I lost a lot of my liking for "Wolf City" ... in its current state the whole thing does not sound as nice as the original version did, and this has caused me to take a look at "Yeti", "Dance of the Lemmings" and "Carnival in Babylon" ... which now are, my "favorite" AD2 albums, because of the courage it took to put them together and make them work. "Dance of the Lemmings" alone is a beauty that is hard to let go and leave behind. It's improvisational work is outstanding, and some of the lyrics are amazing ... though people here would never vote for "Mona Lisa you got a bird brain" ... or that something about "Tchaikovsky's hair", or even better, the line about the limousine (not giving it away!) ... that helped define the 3 albums as totally incredible.

The sign of how times change ... in a letter to the AD2 folks in their website, which for a long time DID NOT SHOW "Nada Moonshine #" at all, John W. replied to me and called the album "b*****d" ... and I presumed that there was some bad this or that about it, and then seeing them do a concert much later and doing various pieces from that album, pretty much tells you that it was the last "great" AD2 album. I call it "divine slime" ... and laugh folks that don't have the ears to listen to one of the most outrageous, different and special bands of all time. I suppose only FZ stands up here ... but AD2 very special creativity ... is best taken as crazy and insane, and in fact it is anything but that!

Edited by moshkito - May 15 2023 at 07:13
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 08:48
CAN rools!

Edited by Catcher10 - May 15 2023 at 08:49
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 14:46
Many good albums here. Köhntarkösz gets my vote and Godbluff is agood second.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2023 at 17:45
At least six or seven albums I love here: In a glass house, Godbluff, Wolf city, Angel's egg, Contrappunti... GG has only one vote, so there it goes.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2023 at 00:13
Lots of excellent albums here, really solid stuff, I'll go with

1.Symphony X - V - The New Mythology Suite (2000)
2.Van der Graaf Generator - Godbluff (1975)
3.Camel - Rain Dances (1977)
4.IQ - Ever (1993)
5.Therion - Theli (1996)

+ few more
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2023 at 04:27
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ Yeah, I decided not to do multiple votes partially out of deference to Lewian before (who had concerns with it). 

Please do what you are convinced is best for you, and only use what I say if you're convinced it makes sense. If I say things they're just my opinion; nobody needs to be bothered unless they're genuinely interested and think that they'd like to give it a try for their own reasons. "Deference" is not necessary.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2023 at 11:30
^ I often hear people say, "it's just my opinion". Well, what matters to me is if it seems like a sensible (or sensible and informed) opinion, and I am more likely to adapt to those opinions if they convince me -- of course. My perspectives commonly shift due to my interactions with others. I really meant that I adapted to your concern partially because I respected your opinion and thought you made a sensible case for it. I am genuinely interested in people's opinions, I do try to take people's arguments into account, and often aim to please even when I seem to fail miserably, but I don't respect all opinions or consider all to the be equal. Deference may not be necessary, and I used the term to be slightly tongue-in-cheek but in a friendly way while indicating genuine respect, but I felt that the underlying respect was deserved (from my perspective).

Edited by Logan - May 16 2023 at 11:33
Just a fanboy passin' through.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 16:26
Possibly, 

Can, VdGG and Henry Cow albums are most beautiful, but in this case I've chosen the Strawbs.

"Happiness is real only when shared"
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 16:28
Family's fifth album, Fearless, is beautiful.

And it's their most proggy album.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Boi_da_boi_124 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boi_da_boi_124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 16:45
'For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night' by Caravan I find is cruelly underrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>