Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahtram — Progressive Metal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nahtram — Progressive Metal.
    Posted: May 19 2023 at 01:35
All that I could find is this:

Biography: Nahtram is a one-man project initiated in 2017 by Lukas Grässlin, who plays all the instruments and does all the orchestration and mixing himself. He comes from Germany (Hasel, Baden-Württemberg). The music of Nahtram can be described as symphonic metal with progressive and folk elements.

His music is free to listen and download here: https://nahtram.bandcamp.com/album/forest-of-eternal-dawn

Nahtram has a profile on metal-archives: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nahtram/3540438559

Thanks for everything once again. 

Edited by edefakiel - May 19 2023 at 06:58
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2023 at 03:34
ok, noted Smile
edefakiel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2023 at 06:23
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

ok, noted Smile

Thanks, Cristi. 
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2023 at 06:38
If we accept him, you might want to update the bio to detail when they began (2017) and what kind of progressive metal they perform (a symphonic variety). We usually don't add unsigned acts unless they're of exceptional quality, so we'll see what comes of Nahtram.
edefakiel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2023 at 07:00
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

If we accept him, you might want to update the bio to detail when they began (2017) and what kind of progressive metal they perform (a symphonic variety). We usually don't add unsigned acts unless they're of exceptional quality, so we'll see what comes of Nahtram.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have edited the text. I think that the quality here is indeed exceptional. I'm a little bit in awe to hear such an album made by just one person. 
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2023 at 18:31
While he's definitely a gifted musician and arranger, the team didn't find his records progressive enough and he was rejected. Maybe in the future he'll put out more work and we can take another look.

Edited by Gordy - May 31 2023 at 18:31
edefakiel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 07:13
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

While he's definitely a gifted musician and arranger, the team didn't find his records progressive enough and he was rejected. Maybe in the future he'll put out more work and we can take another look.

Oh, what a shame. Thanks for giving it a chance. Let's hope he growths more ambitious and progressive. 
Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr ProgFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 07:54
Listed as progressive at TYM, with the progressive tag imported from RYM. Anyone who has an opinion about Nahtram’s progressiveness is welcome to assign their own progressiveness level. https://tagyourmusic.org/artists/20767
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 07:58
^ I still don't know how to tag artists on the new TYM.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr ProgFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 08:12
You cannot tag artists at all - PF/TYM works on the release/track level. The tags shown for the artist derive from those assigned to their discography.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 08:14
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

You cannot tag artists at all - PF/TYM works on the release/track level. The tags shown for the artist derive from those assigned to their discography.

ok, I don't know how to tag releases/ albums either. Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr ProgFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2023 at 08:23
I'm improving the UI on a weekly basis - currently the easiest way is to go to the release page and find the "Edit" tab and follow the instructions.
edefakiel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2023 at 01:49
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

Listed as progressive at TYM, with the progressive tag imported from RYM. Anyone who has an opinion about Nahtram’s progressiveness is welcome to assign their own progressiveness level. https://tagyourmusic.org/artists/20767

I certainly hear it as progressive, that's why I suggested it here. But we all know about the issues with the definition of that word. What is progressive for one, may not be progressive at all for another. Also, I believe that part of the charm of this community is how picky we are when it comes to music. 

In any case, thank you for you work! As I'm banned from RYM, I may start using your TYM. 

Edited by edefakiel - June 05 2023 at 01:51
 Post Reply Post Reply