Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ring of Gyges for Progressive Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ring of Gyges for Progressive Metal
    Posted: May 21 2023 at 05:20

Ring of Gyges is a Progressive Metal Band from Ireland, formed in 2013 in Reykjavík.

Although Ring of Gyges are heavily inspired by the progressive rock bands of the 70’s, their sound is much more metaloriented and draws influences from progressive bands of the modern age. They strive to create epic and grandiose music with unconventional song structures and vast soundscapes, often accompanied by philosophical lyrics.  

Official links:

Discography at:

Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2023 at 08:54
Please provide an original biography, as requested in the artist submission procedure thread pinned to the top of the forum.

Edited by Gordy - May 23 2023 at 09:04
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2023 at 08:58
Reykjavik, Ireland, eh? LOL Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Embarrassed LOL
I see the bio is taken word for word from bandcamp. We'll need more than that. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2023 at 09:01
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Please provide an original biography, as requested in the artist submission procedure thread pinned to the top of the forum.

This bio was taken from someone else's work at ProgGnosis (and it even omits the bands which inspire RoG).

Bio is from bandcamp. Most sites copy paste info from band sites and bandcamp. Not even trying to change sentence structure, use synonyms. 
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2023 at 09:03
Ah, you're right. I see ProgGnosis must've added some extra bits on their own, i.e. band influences. My bad, but the fact remains the bio needs to be original.
 Post Reply Post Reply