0 [0.00%]
3 [7.89%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [13.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telefunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 11:45
The Beatles will release an album with only Ringo on board. I would be happy, but it's not the fab 4
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 13:23
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

^ Clueless remark, I'm sorry to say: this is a thread commenting on a certain Yes album...

Not clueless, not at all... The clue is that he cannot tell Yes from Queen Geek.

OMG, then I cannot suggest Liberace for Rococo Prog?

I tend to file Liberace under Glam Rococo Tongue
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 14:49
It doesn't bother me at all that YES keep regenerating like Doctor Who with only one semi-original member remaining in the band. They're still the Fab Five to me. Then again, if it's nostalgia I'm after, I always have the option of boarding the  TARDIS and travelling back in time over 30 years to that momentous moment in 1991 when YES were the Fab Eight for one amazing night at the end of the Union tour. Smile 

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 15:20
^Actually, Yes were made up of 8 members for the entire Union tour (and not just one night). ;)
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 16:01
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

YES, it's time to update my Top 7 albums list again. Smile 

07. 4 stars 1973: YES - Tales from Topographic Oceans - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kb8xEtrxemjdLgHaZzOfS5MFHI7oBseQc

Interesting top Seven.  I haven't listened to The Ladder in years.  I'll break The Ladder out this weekend.  I got to trim wild wisteria off my pergola. 

Talk stays in my permanent YES rotation.  I got a real love for the state of play gamboling twixt the vinyl grooves of Talk.

I've only heard one song each off The Quest and Mirror To The Sky. Both songs intrigued me intensely.  It seems my multiyear Norwegian prog spree distracted me from two potential YES Masterpieces.  I'll rectify that. Wink
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 17:13
^ From that Top 7 list, I've only climbed two rungs on The Ladder so far with Close to the Edge and Going for the One on CD, but I also have the YES  Collection, which includes most of the songs from The Ladder. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 10 2023 at 17:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234