Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Gabriel Home - i/o Tour - Poland 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Gabriel Home - i/o Tour - Poland 2023
    Posted: June 04 2023 at 18:12
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2023 at 03:55
Saw Peter Gabriel on Saturday in Birmingham, and he was brilliant. No support, played lots of (great) new music as well as loads of older stuff and classics. His voice is just as good as it ever was and he had an incredible band, incuding stalwarts David Rhodes, Manu Katche and Tony Levin and including an outstanding cellist/singer (Ayanna Witter-Johnson) and a violinist..
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 07:36
Hi,

Interesting article elsewhere, specifying that these shows were not the average rock show where the "hits" get played, and it appears that PG played a lot of the new album and only a handful of things from his past, and "none" of the hits as it were, and I would say ... RIGHT NOW ... right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO ... maybe we can get "progressive" back on track and get away from the "hits" ... now if we could slap some sense into Springsteen, it would help, no?

I want music ... not hits! Not to mention that I already heard the hits too many times!Tongue

Edited by moshkito - June 21 2023 at 07:36
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 09:47
Have tixs for the Seattle show later this year.....Really looking forward to it as all the reviews have been glowing.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 11:53
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

<span style="font-family: Inter, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; : rgb224, 232, 249;">Saw Peter Gabriel on Saturday in Birmingham, and he was brilliant. No support, played lots of (great) new music as well as loads of older stuff and classics. His voice is just as good as it ever was and he had an incredible band, incuding stalwarts David Rhodes, Manu Katche and Tony Levin and including an outstanding cellist/singer (Ayanna Witter-Johnson) and a violinist..</span>

Same in Antwerp belgium a fortnight ago
JamWalk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamWalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2023 at 06:41
I saw the show in Glasgow last night and thought it was excellent. Great visuals and the new songs sounded good. 
 Post Reply Post Reply