Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQueen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 12:18
Originally posted by telefunk telefunk wrote:

Sorry to say. Too many clueless reviewers on this site. Like too many clueless voters in democracies :-(

Hi,

This is downright wrong, and in my book something that should amount to banning an user.

I was born in a Fascist state, that went after all the intellectuals (professors and the like), artists and educated folks ... to make sure they were kept down and shut up ... and you think that "democracy" is the problem. 

You really shouldn't be posting anything on music, since you are not big enough to show when you are incorrect and say/said very inappropriate things. There are many bands, that are a lot less worthy of being here on PA than "Queen" is ... not to mention that if you watch various videos (Wembley a must!) you can see a singer in control of an audience and belt it like ... only Jim M or Mick J can do ... that kind of respect and attention to a singer is priceless and shows an ability that 90% of all singers do not have ... many know the notes and the chords, but know nothing about the music itself, and the SOUL behind it ... I would suggest that your post (and maybe your idea) lost its soul a long time ago!

This is sad ... that someone would even consider posting this ... 

Edited by moshkito - June 09 2023 at 12:19
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 13:00

Or: please state clearly which adolescent commercial simplistic band has no place on this PROGRESSIVE music site?

Bay City Rollers? Mud? Sweet? Back Street Boys?

There was nothing simplistic about the Back Street Boys' vocal abilities and harmonizing abilities, a prefab commercial band yes, but very talented all the same. There have been few bands since them that could match their vocal skills. Maybe Hanson would have been a better choice, ha.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 13:14

Or: please state clearly which adolescent commercial simplistic band has no place on this PROGRESSIVE music site?

In all honesty, what is the point of this thread? 
You think Queen should not be on PA? So what?!

Just because you dislike the band (or so it seems), no one should review the band, is that it?! Confused

Your comments are quite mean-spirited. I don't know what you think you are achieving with this. Confused
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 13:18
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Your comments are quite mean-spirited. I don't know what you think you are achieving with this. Confused

Not to mention extremely condescending. I would definitely propose a ban if this behavior goes any further
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 13:25
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

There was nothing simplistic about the Back Street Boys' vocal abilities and harmonizing abilities, a prefab commercial band yes, but very talented all the same. There have been few bands since them that could match their vocal skills. Maybe Hanson would have been a better choice, ha.

To be fair, Hanson actually evolved into a damn good pop/alt rock band after their initial success. After the whole MMMBop thing, they started fleshing out their songwriting more and added some nice soul/R&B touches Smile 
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2023 at 19:32
^ Well then thats good, I lost track of them after the big hit that I had to teach to kids on the piano for several years, hence my venom, lol.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 02:30

sorry to pick on you again but The Sweet were more talented than many more vaunted seventies hard rock bands. Fox On The Run and Action just on their own were immense tracks. They pissed their talent away admittedly but they were never simplistic Wink (but yes they definitely shouldn't be here LOL)
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 03:10
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

As for the Prog Related category, it's kind of a mess. I like having the category but it is very inconsistent partially because the site's expectations have changed and some the owner has wanted, and also because some people presented more detailed and thoughtful cases than others. Having Queen is here partially, as a famous popular band, to bring in traffic.

I've suspected as much. Not the best reason for inclusion, for sure. Music unrelated reasons like that is probably why I think like I do.

-when I wrote "no one would associate these 20 albums with anything prog", I didn't mean that there's nothing progressive about any of them. There's elements of that in pretty much all of these albums. I just meant that it wouldn't strike anyone as anything else than 20 various, iconic rock classics on a wall (although they do have more to offer).  

telefunk View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 12:04
Haha
telefunk View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 12:06
Duh, this about including any kind of pop music on this site. Or let's please change the site to "AnyMusicArchives"
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 12:33

Duh, this about including any kind of pop music on this site. Or let's please change the site to "AnyMusicArchives"

trolling much?

I believe this thread is going to be closed soon. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2023 at 16:56
Yep, I said before that if this thread does not turn into a constructive dialogue with the OP, then I would consider closing this. This is not constructive or respectful and so, yes, I am closing this. If the OP continues to complain and act in a disrespectful/ snarky manner, then I will suspend the account.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12