Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galahad Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galahad Interview
    Posted: July 09 2023 at 08:35
A couple months ago, I conducted my first ever Zoom interview with Stuart Nicholson and Dean Baker of Galahad. They were very kind to talk with me about their music for two hours. Here is what came out of that conversation:

Edited by Magog2112 - July 20 2023 at 07:24
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2023 at 17:27
Quite good, I listened to most of it.  I've only really listened to Empires Never Last, and a few more songs from Galahad, but getting the latest album is on my list.

Interesting to hear them talk about I Could be God--also one of my favorites and in my top 300 prog songs list (I had it at 261).  At first, I was rather confused about the Martin Luther speech in the middle, but later interpreted it in a kind of Gnostic sense: the idea that we are all Gods having a human experience and the speech emphasizes how we deserve equality for all races.

I also have thought of it as a concept album, or a strong theme at least, of the American empire.  It is easy to interepret the song Empires Never Last as such, especially when you have Sidewinder with George quotes.
Z
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 02:04
I am looking forward to the new album! Smile
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 19:28
Fun, fascinating interview.  My favorite album of 2018 is "Seas of Change".   
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 07:15
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Fun, fascinating interview.  My favorite album of 2018 is "Seas of Change".   

Thank you! I wanted to interview the band again shortly after the release of 'The Long Goodbye' but there were circumstances between Stu and I that made the timing inauspicious. In this interview, we mostly talked about the early part of their discography. If we were to meet again, I would love to discuss those more recent albums, including "Seas of Change" among many others.

Edited by Magog2112 - January 08 2024 at 07:17
 Post Reply Post Reply