Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Greenwood (Neo or Xover)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Greenwood (Neo or Xover)
    Posted: July 10 2023 at 06:52
Hi
John Greenwood released "Dark Blue (2023)" album and I'm sure Nick Magnus is part of this. I just found the bellow link for this time :

I listened to it and IMO its a EXACT Progressive Rock album but I'm not sure about the genre. IMO its fit to Neo Prog.

Thanks....
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2023 at 07:16
Added to my wish list on Bandcamp, thanks.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2023 at 07:19
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Added to my wish list on Bandcamp, thanks.

Your Welcome. The "Afterglow" cover song is very good and fit.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2023 at 07:05
?????
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2023 at 07:16
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 07:24
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

biography?
Come on . How can I write a bio without "Copy-Paste"?! I am not his family!!!
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 07:28
If you find it Prog , You can add him in PA. I can't do anything more than introduce artists and I don't care what happen next in PA .
It seem that you (PA) never change......
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 11:22
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

biography?

Are you serious?! Confused

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 12:36
Don't be lazy. Do some research, put it in your words.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 13:47
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Yes . I am lazy! I am living in Iran under the worst  brutal and wild Islamic Regime in the world that shut down Internet every time that they want and "Filtered" too many sites like PA. Me and other Iranians try hard to connect internet from morning to night .
You born in a "Free" country and had everything that you need easily. I'm sure you can't think what happened and happen in Iran. I guess guys like you called us "Third World People" from middle east!
Yes I am LAZY
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 13:50

biography?

More or less mate! I never meant to be an **shole! Its really hard for me to find original bio  . I am not a newbie in PA but ....
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 13:54

biography?

More or less mate! I never meant to be an **shole! Its really hard for me to find original bio  . I am not a newbie in PA but ....

Sometimes just a little info is enough - where is the artist from, what does his music sound like, influences? Similar artists?(if any) and so on. Smile

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 14:01

biography?

Sometimes just a little info is enough - where is the artist from, what does his music sound like, influences? Similar artists?(if any) and so on. Smile

Eye Eye sir. I do my best 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 15:47
To try and get this suggestion moved forward, perhaps this might form the basis for an eventual biography (details obtained from various sources and edited by myself):

John Greenwood (aka Dr John Edward Greenwood AM) originated from Lancashire UK, where he grew up, schooled and studied medicine at the University of Manchester. Finishing his training in plastic surgery, he and his family emigrated to Adelaide, Australia in 2001, where he became director of the Adult Burns Centre at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

For the next 20 years he developed the service and was made an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia in October 2003 for his response to the 2002 Bali Bombings. He was also awarded Doctor of Health Sciences in 2013 for a thesis documenting the establishment of the Adult Burns Service in South Australia, as well as being 2016 South Australian of the Year and Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.

He retired from all clinical practice in October 2020 to concentrate on his family life and his love of music, though still intends to be involved in his research projects (Composite Cultured Skin (CCS) for burn injuries, and Intracutaneous Ectopic Pancreas (IEP) for type 1 diabetes).

He now describes himself as a "guitarist, writer, arranger, orchestrator, sometime pianist, bassist and drummer", and fortuitously he met Mark Trueack (Unitopia, Southern Empire) after a hand injury robbed his mate Jimmy Keegan of a place in UPF Acoustic. John took over the role instead, and interesting twists on some parts of Unitopia's back catalogue made Mark think that a Unitopia revival with new blood might be on the cards.

John also became good friends with Mark Trueack's partner in Unitopia and Southern Empire Sean Timms, and they worked together well on John's solo work as well as new Unitopia material destined to be released very soon as the album 'Seven Chambers'.

John Greenwood's debut album 'Dark Blue' was three years in the making from the composition of the first song to the final publishing as a digital product. Former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett describes the album as "a feast of lush and varied music covering a wide pallet of sounds and genres with thought-provoking lyrics."

1. A Little Piece Of Rosco Vidal (12:08) 
2. Too Late! (6:43) 
3. Too Late! Reprise, Introducing The Ocean (2:42) 
4. The Ocean (16:00) 
5. Requiem (3:54) 
6. Heartless (3:32) 
7. Inside (7:15) 
8. Packin' My Suitcase (2:06) 
9. The Kiss (Nick Magnus Orchestration) (1:27) 
10. Afterglow (6:34) 
11. A Proper Song (3:16) 
12. Packin' My Suitcase (retro Mix) (2:11) 
13. The Kiss (John Greenwood Orchestration) (1:17) 

Total time 69:05

Digital album, July 1st 2023

Mixed, edited and mastered by Sean Timms of Timms Tunes.
Nick Magnus appears courtesy of Magick Nuns Music.
Artwork by Andrew Rowland.
Foreword by Steve Hackett.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2023 at 15:52
^ thank you! Thumbs Up

Now we just need to listen and decide if neo or crossover is a fit. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 02:35

^ thank you! Thumbs Up

Now we just need to listen and decide if neo or crossover is a fit. 

Given the delays in any Crossover decision (see Pieretti suggestion), I would suggest you go for the former (ever so unsubtle hint that we are still awaiting a decision).
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 02:39

Yes . I am lazy! I am living in Iran under the worst  brutal and wild Islamic Regime in the world that shut down Internet every time that they want and "Filtered" too many sites like PA. Me and other Iranians try hard to connect internet from morning to night .
You born in a "Free" country and had everything that you need easily. I'm sure you can't think what happened and happen in Iran. I guess guys like you called us "Third World People" from middle east!
Yes I am LAZY

Nobody answered this, but I will. I have nothing but admiration for you and your comrades who struggle under one of the most repressively nasty regimes on God’s earth, listening to music which would never pass the censor. All power to you and long may you continue to contribute here.

I might also add that football and golf, with tennis a certainty to follow alongside others, are falling victim to human rights washing by the huge money pumped in by other very nasty regimes in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE and etc. Bloody disgraceful how greedy western nations fall for it.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 14:42
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

To try and get this suggestion moved forward, perhaps this might form the basis for an eventual biography (details obtained from various sources and edited by myself):

John Greenwood (aka Dr John Edward Greenwood AM) originated from Lancashire UK, where he grew up, schooled and studied medicine at the University of Manchester. Finishing his training in plastic surgery, he and his family emigrated to Adelaide, Australia in 2001, where he became director of the Adult Burns Centre at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

For the next 20 years he developed the service and was made an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia in October 2003 for his response to the 2002 Bali Bombings. He was also awarded Doctor of Health Sciences in 2013 for a thesis documenting the establishment of the Adult Burns Service in South Australia, as well as being 2016 South Australian of the Year and Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.

He retired from all clinical practice in October 2020 to concentrate on his family life and his love of music, though still intends to be involved in his research projects (Composite Cultured Skin (CCS) for burn injuries, and Intracutaneous Ectopic Pancreas (IEP) for type 1 diabetes).

He now describes himself as a "guitarist, writer, arranger, orchestrator, sometime pianist, bassist and drummer", and fortuitously he met Mark Trueack (Unitopia, Southern Empire) after a hand injury robbed his mate Jimmy Keegan of a place in UPF Acoustic. John took over the role instead, and interesting twists on some parts of Unitopia's back catalogue made Mark think that a Unitopia revival with new blood might be on the cards.

John also became good friends with Mark Trueack's partner in Unitopia and Southern Empire Sean Timms, and they worked together well on John's solo work as well as new Unitopia material destined to be released very soon as the album 'Seven Chambers'.

John Greenwood's debut album 'Dark Blue' was three years in the making from the composition of the first song to the final publishing as a digital product. Former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett describes the album as "a feast of lush and varied music covering a wide pallet of sounds and genres with thought-provoking lyrics."

1. A Little Piece Of Rosco Vidal (12:08) 
2. Too Late! (6:43) 
3. Too Late! Reprise, Introducing The Ocean (2:42) 
4. The Ocean (16:00) 
5. Requiem (3:54) 
6. Heartless (3:32) 
7. Inside (7:15) 
8. Packin' My Suitcase (2:06) 
9. The Kiss (Nick Magnus Orchestration) (1:27) 
10. Afterglow (6:34) 
11. A Proper Song (3:16) 
12. Packin' My Suitcase (retro Mix) (2:11) 
13. The Kiss (John Greenwood Orchestration) (1:17) 

Total time 69:05

Digital album, July 1st 2023

Mixed, edited and mastered by Sean Timms of Timms Tunes.
Nick Magnus appears courtesy of Magick Nuns Music.
Artwork by Andrew Rowland.
Foreword by Steve Hackett.

Thanks a lot mate. ClapThumbs Up
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 14:49
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Yes I am LAZY

Nobody answered this, but I will. I have nothing but admiration for you and your comrades who struggle under one of the most repressively nasty regimes on God’s earth, listening to music which would never pass the censor. All power to you and long may you continue to contribute here.

I might also add that football and golf, with tennis a certainty to follow alongside others, are falling victim to human rights washing by the huge money pumped in by other very nasty regimes in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE and etc. Bloody disgraceful how greedy western nations fall for it.

Completely agreed . Just 1 thing : Iranians not Arabs (fully respect to Arabs) and there are too many  different between Iranians and Arabs from 3000years ago till now and We had social freedom before "The Damn Islamic Revolution" in 1978-79 when I was 9 and living in USA with my uncle.
I don't want to talk about it in this thread but everytime you like to talk abut it , I am in too.
Thanks so so much for your mention .
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2023 at 13:58
I'm so sorry. Good luck!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>