Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marijuana Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2023 at 08:17
Never touched the stuff. Can't stand it, and I wish my offspring were the same.

It stinks, it perpetuates a horribly nasty criminal enterprise (even in countries where it is legal), and I have personally always preferred to use the brain God gave me in order to "understand" (man) the music.

In other news, I have not had a cigarette since March 2022, either. I really do believe I have beaten it this time.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2023 at 09:04
^Maybe your offspring say the same about having several pints a day at the pub.

Congrats on stopping the tobacco.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2023 at 09:23
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

^Maybe your offspring say the same about having several pints a day at the pub.

Congrats on stopping the tobacco.

LOL Actually, he is stopping with us at the moment, and he does enjoy a couple of beers himself.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 05:57
The cobweb with the effect of mirijuana... Sort of like butterfly-shaped. You know, flying, being high etc. Party

trhrth
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 06:40
^ When I was a kid, the anti-drug programs at school would show us similar spider webs and say they were caused by LSD.

Edited by Easy Money - August 15 2023 at 07:41
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 09:27
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

The cobweb with the effect of mirijuana... Sort of like butterfly-shaped. You know, flying, being high etc. Party

trhrth
What this tells me is that drugs can help break the cycle of OCD and free the mind to be creative, not redundant.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 10:25
^I like the way you think, JD.

I would like to see a meth, opioid, and alcohol spider web.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 13:33
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

It stinks, it perpetuates a horribly nasty criminal enterprise (even in countries where it is legal), and I have personally always preferred to use the brain God gave me in order to "understand" (man) the music.

Howould you know if you've never tried it? TongueWink

In the NL, the Weed trade was "given" to the bikers (HA or Bandidos) , so they'd have something to live legal & declared upon, but unfortunately after a couple of decade, they "expanded" to other substances

=============

Goodbye Mary
Goodbye Jane
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2023 at 14:29
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Howould you know if you've never tried it? TongueWink

In the NL, the Weed trade was "given" to the bikers (HA or Bandidos) , so they'd have something to live legal & declared upon, but unfortunately after a couple of decade, they "expanded" to other substances

=============

Goodbye Mary
Goodbye Jane

Ha.

Also interesting that Rick's biggest song is where he tries to sound like Roger Hodgson.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 06:20
I'm glad that it's moving out of the hands of criminals in the US, but it's old hat to me and I'd rather spend my remaining years with a fully conscious mind.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 12:48

In other news, I have not had a cigarette since March 2022, either. I really do believe I have beaten it this time.

ClapClap
I tried it as a teen, around 1981. Did not like the experience...AT ALL! I have never smoked cigs so that has never been an issue for me.....I too am of the camp that legalizing this drug has/will not improve anything. Again, politicians promise of the huge windfall of sales tax money that was to improve/build schools and God knows what other BS they mentioned to get it passed........Seems all those promises went up in smoke LOL.

I smell it everywhere I go now, that sh&t stinks! Remember that TV advert.......

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 13:54
Leave the spiders alone.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 14:26
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 15:37
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 16:19
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

ClapClap
I tried it as a teen, around 1981. Did not like the experience...AT ALL! I have never smoked cigs so that has never been an issue for me.....I too am of the camp that legalizing this drug has/will not improve anything. Again, politicians promise of the huge windfall of sales tax money that was to improve/build schools and God knows what other BS they mentioned to get it passed........Seems all those promises went up in smoke LOL.

Maybe where you live it went up in smoke, but that's not the case in many places:

For the record I don't really have a strong opinion about this topic. I have never smoked anything my entire life.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 20:16
I don't give a flying F#@K about the politicians desire for revenues. As long as I can grow my own it gives me more disposable income to buy the stuff I either need or want...there's your economic benefit.
Next, as long as I can grow my own, I don't support criminal organizations. There's your social improvement component.

I drank from 13 to 26, then told that 5h!t to go f#@k itself.
I tried smoking cigarettes for about three weeks in the summer of 1970 (I was 12). I told that 5h!t to go f#@k itself.

Cannabis is a satisfying addition to my every day consumptions. But like all consumptions it's about moderation and consideration for those around you. I don't diss those who drink, provided it's responsible.
I have absolutely no use for tobacco smoking but can understand why someone might be predisposed to that particular addiction. I just wish they'd treat that addiction with gum or patches vs actual smoking. Maybe it's not the same thing. And I guess vaping is just the backwoods cousin to tobacco.

Edited by JD - August 16 2023 at 20:18
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2023 at 20:49
^ Hey a normal, viced, hip stoner who listens to prog.   As it should be.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2023 at 03:17
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Leave the spiders alone.

365754425-815599173903617-2826962006537577341-n
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2023 at 06:32
I had a bad experience with it. I started smoking pot as a teen and it got to the point where I could smoke a zillion joints and it would not get me that stoned, and thus it lead to harder stuff (lsd, mushrooms, peyote, angel dust, uppers and downers)
         I am proud to say that I recently celebrated my 40th year completely free of pot and all street drugs! The best decision I ever made. And of all the people I used to get stoned with decades ago, most of them are still getting high to this day.
          Well, that's my story in a nutshell.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2023 at 08:15
Hi,

I can't say that I have had a bad experience with any of it, but mostly, I was rather on the conservative side of this whole thing right through the late 60's, and into the 70's. 

In the 70's a lot of the music that was being released was done almost strictly to appease the getting stoned crowd, and my thoughts were that a lot of the music was simply not important or had much value within a socio/politico/philosophical context. 

For me, doing any drug taking, was about the inner experience, and having read Aldous Huxley, I understood what was being said about the chair or the piano legs (for example) and many other things, and later I decided that exploring that side was interesting, however, I made friends with a "psychic" and lecturer, with an incredible ability and who was doing a lot of very important jobs with it at the time, which he would not divulge then, but 20/30 years later explained a wee bit ... they included IBM, Apple, AMD, Intel, and even Microsoft, in their attempt to "find out" about the future, and how to be prepared for it. 

It was then that I undertook an "internal" study of things, which would take me through many "occult" books, and through other novelistic approaches (Castaneda), only to find out ... the most important comment about it all from don Juan in one of the later books ... was the dope necessary? No, but we had to shut you up so you could see something else!

The "dope" is not for people on the search, who don't need it. But it is used by many folks that don't care either way ... although my neighbor has Parkinson's and he needs it (medical clearance) to help keep his headaches down ... and be able to even get some sleep.

But other than that example, I'm against it, and hope that people understand the fallacy behind it all ... it isn't for everybody and should be measured out with care and responsibility!

Edited by moshkito - August 17 2023 at 08:16
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>