Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow Do I Create Hyperlinks In MY Posts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do I Create Hyperlinks In MY Posts?
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 09:27

How do I create hyperlinks in my posts?

To create a hyperlink you need to select the text you would like to turn into a link and then press the hyperlink icon. This is the small icon with a picture of the world on it (). You will be prompted to enter a URL for you link, after you have done so the selected text will become a hyperlink.

Eg

A link to the incredible Power Windows Rush Tribute Site:

Type Power Windows Web Site then highlight the text you wish to be come the hyperlink,in this case Power Windows Web Site .

Click the  button and a box appears where you can type the link to this page and the type of link (in this case URL) in the URL box type the web page address of the site you wish to link to (www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm) makeing sure it starts with http:// (the box offers this as a starting point for your address,but if you highlight and "copy" the full address from the Address box in Internet Explorer it will already start "http://" so you will need to clear this fro the URL box before pasting).Click ok and your original text will be a hyperlink -check by selecting "preview post" abd clicking your link!

OK to recap:

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT

Type: powerwindows website,highlight it,click  type in the address of the site you wish to link to,click ok and it is done!

The Power Windows Rush Website.

Post Reply Post Reply