Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [50.00%]
5 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Selleck vs Sam Elliott
    Posted: August 19 2023 at 06:21
The got short and stout first names. Which will become the headlight of the thread titler. Both are western movie types, with tall, large buildt and a thick burley mustach, which makes them THEM. they share also one western movie i havent seen yet, but i plan to

Fun fact Tom Selleck was first choice for to be cast as Indiana Jones, and is the inspirasjon for the jacket on Dale in Rescue Rangers in the late 80s, based on hes Magnum P I role

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 06:36
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 10:46
I've got to go with Sam Elliot. He's more of a cowboy than most real life cowboys and his voice is very cool.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 12:01
Elliot
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 12:04
Magnum Force!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2023 at 16:00
Went with Selleck....really enjoyed him in Magnum PI , Jesse STone films, and BLue Bloods.....
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 15:52
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I've got to go with Sam Elliot. He's more of a cowboy than most real life cowboys and his voice is very cool.
i would describe Sam Elliots voice in the realm of hot dry cole. When spokrn in lover range, he also go the stare of "your a puny dimwitt" without saying a Word.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 16:10
I like both actors, so I won't vote for one against the other. They've both done fine work.

Some "choice cuts":

Tom Selleck

Daughters of Satan
Terminal Island
Runaway
An Innocent Man
Quigley Down Under

Sam Elliott

The Legacy
Mask
Road House
Tombstone
The Hero
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 10:23
Always love a bit of trivia, apparently Selleck was offered the role of Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch but turned it down (later taken up by 'The Hoff') . He was also nominated twice in the same year (1993) for worst actor by the Golden Raspberry awards 'winning' for Christopher Columbus: The Discovery. He did pick up a bunch of positive awards for Magnum PI in the 80's so never mind!

I'm a lot less familiar with Sam Elliott. Quite a career and life by the looks of it, he married the lovely Katharine Ross in 1984 becoming her fifth husband and still together living on a seaside ranch in Malibu. Sounds idyllic to say the least!

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 10:58
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Always love a bit of trivia, apparently Selleck was offered the role of Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch but turned it down (later taken up by 'The Hoff') . He was also nominated twice in the same year (1993) for worst actor by the Golden Raspberry awards 'winning' for Christopher Columbus: The Discovery. He did pick up a bunch of positive awards for Magnum PI in the 80's so never mind!

Selleck was cast as Indiana Jones but his commitment to Magnum kept him from taking the role. What happened was filming of the pilot episode encountered a six-month delay, which meant Selleck could've taken the role. Also, Spielberg shot some scenes for Raiders in Hawai'i, so that's a double-ouch. (In hindsight, Ford's the right actor for the role, though I think Selleck would've done a good job.)

The same thing happened with Quigley Down Under. Selleck was offered the role but was too busy with Magnum. As soon as the series concluded in 1988, he inquired about the role, and it was still available. The movie then headed into the development stage.

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

AI'm a lot less familiar with Sam Elliott. Quite a career and life by the looks of it, he married the lovely Katharine Ross in 1984 becoming her fifth husband and still together living on a seaside ranch in Malibu. Sounds idyllic to say the least!

I loved Ross in The Stepford Wives. Ross and Eliott met on the set of The Legacy.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 12:33
They got the same amount of letters in their chosen actor names :D
Lesanderd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesanderd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2023 at 14:09
go with Sam
Moonshake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2023 at 14:11
Tom Selleck.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2023 at 05:30
Frogs
 Post Reply Post Reply