Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has The Archives lost it's way?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 08:13
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

So where is the thread creator to defend his premise, push the discussion forward in a reasonable manner?! 
Right...
Bizarrely, the thread creator's last visit was on September 10th - the same day this thread was created. Confused
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 09:03
^ Which is one of the definitions of trolling (triggering heated discussion, but never really contributing anything meaningful).
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 09:12
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ Which is one of the definitions of trolling (triggering heated discussion, but never really contributing anything meaningful).

There have always been users that do such thing every once in a while. Create some drama and sit on the side with bag of popcorn (I imagine) and have a laugh... 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 09:21
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

There have always been users that do such thing every once in a while. Create some drama and sit on the side with bag of popcorn (I imagine) and have a laugh... 

Hi, 

I often think that a lot of these thoughts, ideas and questions, are somewhat misguided, and not always clear. In some ways, I try to take the idea into the are where the question might make some sense, but sadly ... no one can even relate to the advent of STEREO in radio and popular music as being one of the most ground-breaking moments in listening. STEREO was already very important in Classical Music, but it did not really take hold until Sgt Peppers the other albums at that time, when what you heard on the radio was really poor, compared to the album that you bought, which (of course!!!) meant that sales were going to be astronomical because of the quality of the music to your ears.

I am not sure that it was meant as an idea to create "drama", but I think that the naivete with which it was created, and the inability to read the answers, some of which are very important and valuable, all of a sudden made his OP seem insufficient ... and of course, he would not have much more to say! Probably embarrassed, as it looked like a lot of folks had a better idea for the discussion than what the OP thought ... kinda suggests he did not really read enough into the threads in the board, which have some neat material and comments, not to mention information!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Chord Change View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chord Change Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 18:53
@OP

Have you ever listened to a Styx album?
If so, which ones. Simply stating "these bands don't belong on PA" is not going to cut it.
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 18:55
Nothing like a bit of a kerfuffle to lively up the joint, even if the guy who threw the first punch has long since run for the hills.

He probably just lost his way and is now safely back ensconced on his favourite music forum, where the Doors are considered a pop band and all is right with the world.

Edited by Hugh Manatee - November 05 2023 at 19:37
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 18:56
^ Though his last visit was Sept 10, '23, the thread start date, not terribly long for a baiter.

Edited by Atavachron - November 05 2023 at 19:00
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2023 at 19:34
Hmm...not at all aware of what the statute of limitations is on this sort of thing.

I wait with bated breath for the OP to return and give his assessment of whether his original post has been addressed to his satisfaction.

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2023 at 01:02

Anyway, some very good discussions here and interesting read.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2023 at 03:38
Yeah just a lot of chat. We arent ever going to come to any meaningfull conclusion on this. The PA database is precious to me regardless of whether I agree with the inclusion of certain bands and artists. I learn a lot all the time and am happy for it to continue in any way possible. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112