Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Camel - AIR BORN: THE MCA & DECCA YEARS 1973-1984
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camel - AIR BORN: THE MCA & DECCA YEARS 1973-1984

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2023 at 04:17
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

Available for £159.99 on Burning Shed.

That's honestly a good price for what you get and better than I expected. Bearing in mind there is a Keith Emerson box set just released and similarly priced of his solo music then I know which one I would go for (and I'm a massive ELP fan!)

It is a good price, I have all the Camel studio albums and the official live albums so I don't need this.

I love ELP as well and would like the Keith Emerson box set but its outside of my budget. Smile

I don't need anything like this either but 'want' is a whole different thing! The family will club together for a decent Xmas present so this might be it!

Clever move !
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2023 at 06:03
Originally posted by dauinghorn dauinghorn wrote:

I was very keen on this, but the design really turned me off. Looks very generic and uninteresting. I'll rather listen to my original Japanese pressings, complete with inserts and obi strip and look at the beautiful original artwork while having a nice cup of tea.

For me it was to the contrary, I think the cover looks good (though I havn't seen it close up). Compared to the cover picture that was shown when the set was first announced, this final one looks amazing. And Camel never managed to have nice covers for their albums, I think Moonmadness is the only one that looks decent (despite appearing unfinished).

Edited by SouthSideoftheSky - October 11 2023 at 06:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12