Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Floyd - Let's Drill Down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Floyd - Let's Drill Down
    Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:04
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:10
Well, I suspect that every Pink Floyd's addict knows about it. 
Nick Mason tells about this episode on his self-biography "Inside Out", but the most complete PF history book is "Pigs Might Fly" by Mark Blake.

Another trivia: does anybody know what the link between David Gilmour and Naomi Watts is? 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 16:11
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Another trivia: does anybody know what the link between David Gilmour and Naomi Watts is?

IIRC, the parents of Naomi Watts were roadies for Pink Floyd, and were among the voices on Dark Side of the Moon. I know someone who went to school with Naomi Watts, making me four degrees of separation from Pink Floyd.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2023 at 20:51
Most of the stuff here I already knew, some I had forgotten, and just a few I didn’t know.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2023 at 23:20
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

IIRC, the parents of Naomi Watts were roadies for Pink Floyd, and were among the voices on Dark Side of the Moon. I know someone who went to school with Naomi Watts, making me four degrees of separation from Pink Floyd.

Not only: Gilmour invested some money in flats and lent one to her dad, where he was later found dead of overdose. 

About degrees of separation, I was in touch with Clive Brooks who tuned the kits for Nick Mason, so I should have been at three. Sadly Clive is passed away few years ago (what a great drummer and a nice person he was) so the chain is now broken.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 05:21
Hi,

Pig

Pig

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... bored! Lighting up something for ambience! Dead
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 20:42
Didn't know it was Waters that spat at the fan during the Animals tour rather than the other way round. Deeply unpleasant act if ever there was. Also interesting that The Wall lead the band out of financial difficulties supposedly because of previously poor decisions regarding invested monies. That seems ironic given the song Money.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 20:52
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Didn't know it was Waters that spat at the fan during the Animals tour rather than the other way round. Deeply unpleasant act if ever there was. Also interesting that The Wall lead the band out of financial difficulties supposedly because of previously poor decisions regarding invested monies. That seems ironic given the song Money.

Hi,

It's loud and clear on the bootlegs of the Anaheim concert (Animals) .... he was not exactly nice at the fans for fighting for pieces of the pig. I would say it was insulting and pathetic!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2023 at 07:31
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2023 at 09:10
I did see something that I didn't know about the album Adam Heart Mother...but now I forget what it was. LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2023 at 09:28
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin have agreed to take care of each other's gardens.

This means Roger Waters Robert's Plants. Smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2023 at 09:38
^Groan !!!  LOL
Such a dad joke.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2023 at 09:45
^^ Ok, THAT was good
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 00:54
Dave Gilmour took care of Marc Bolan's dog which ended to bark on Seamus.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 00:54
Of course, news of this kind will end on history books for the centuries to come
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 06:15
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^Groan !!!  LOL
Such a dad joke.

𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 on X: "The Progressive “Acting Like Your Parents”  commercial with the guy in the supermarket is me. 110%. Every single scene.  I feel attacked. https://t.co/uIm6lQYYgv" / X
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 07:01
Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin have agreed to take care of each other's gardens.

This means Roger Waters Robert's Plants. Smile

does remind me of a famous cricket commentary from the early 80's

The bowler's Holding, the batsmen's Willey (in respect of famous West Indian fast bowler Michael Holding and English all rounder Peter Willey Smile )
 Post Reply Post Reply