Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abigail Devoe-The Wall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abigail Devoe-The Wall
    Posted: September 26 2023 at 17:48
Pretty dang good, funny as well.....Her King Crimson~ITCOTCK was very good as well...

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 09:21
She is quite funny indeed, and very entertaining.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 13:08
Hi,

Maybe it's just me, and I was there for the original and the first showing of the movie ... and for all intents and purposes, I think it's time for people like her start showing how progressive and great some NEW FUDGING MUSIC is, instead of barking up a dead tree something that we already know and have heard to death in our lifetimes.

There is too much new music for these folks, and includes DD (not Deputy Dan!) ... in his evaluation of stuff that is borderline, and really not as progressive as it seems, even though a few bars of the music seem to suggest so. in the end, even the stuff that DD (not Deputy Dan!) does is already passe and sounding not as good as it might have 20 or 30 years ago.

It's time for new music ... please ... stop this rehashing of the old pig soup bouillabaise! Just what we need ... more DT stuff, if not more of ________________!!!

Edited by moshkito - September 28 2023 at 13:09
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 14:30
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Maybe it's just me, and I was there for the original and the first showing of the movie ... and for all intents and purposes, I think it's time for people like her start showing how progressive and great some NEW FUDGING MUSIC is, instead of barking up a dead tree something that we already know and have heard to death in our lifetimes.

There is too much new music for these folks, and includes DD (not Deputy Dan!) ... in his evaluation of stuff that is borderline, and really not as progressive as it seems, even though a few bars of the music seem to suggest so. in the end, even the stuff that DD (not Deputy Dan!) does is already passe and sounding not as good as it might have 20 or 30 years ago.

It's time for new music ... please ... stop this rehashing of the old pig soup bouillabaise! Just what we need ... more DT stuff, if not more of ________________!!!
I am sure when you were growing up you explored music that was created before you were born. Maybe you liked it maybe not, but I think the younger generation is growing tired of the pop music that is being shoved down their throats by social media as well music award shows that are 98% rap hip/hop and country music.
If you watch more of her channel you will learn that she is someone that has said she is stuck in the 60s-70s, just look at her cloths and jewelry and decor. There are people like that.
You need to be open minded about people who like music that you might have heard a million times, because clearly she has not heard it a million times, it's all "new" to her and she likes it.

Just like how maybe you liked some music that was created before you were born.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2023 at 06:24
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I am sure when you were growing up you explored music that was created before you were born. Maybe you liked it maybe not, but I think the younger generation is growing tired of the pop music that is being shoved down their throats by social media as well music award shows that are 98% rap hip/hop and country music.
Hi,

Classical music in my younger days, and pop music did not take hold until 13 or 14 in Brazil. In essence, before that in Brazil, the "pop" music was not as important and a part of the social fabric as it is these days, as folks only had the bulky radios at home, and then ... for soccer.

While the current state of rap/hip this and that, is very much a commercial thing, in the end, I really would love to see PA and the other "progressive" web sites spend their time giving mewer music their due and understanding. With us here REHASHING The Wall, the new music has no chance, and the rap/hiphop folks are laughing all the way to the bank. The youngsters don't want to hear PF or Genesis ... they want their generation and what we are giving them is not their generation!

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

If you watch more of her channel you will learn that she is someone that has said she is stuck in the 60s-70s, just look at her cloths and jewelry and decor. There are people like that.

I was involved in theater, and can have access to anything you could want. I don't need a fake blonde to show me how this or that The Wall is. Maybe some do ... but not most of us that have been around a while.

Just dressing up and this and that is not what that time was all about ... it became THE IMAGE of that time but there were a lot of things taking place that had nothing to do with the clothing. Maybe you need to tune in to Neil Young and realize ... that song is real ... and a statement that we are not men enough to handle these days with all the kissing in the background for many folks here that can not comment on things and instead pop a one liner that has no place in the discussion!

Again ... IF WE ARE INTO PROGRESSIVE MUSIC ... I'm not saying that we have to kiss and date the stuff of yesterday ... we can respect it, but we must have our sights on today ... they are "our children" and they deserve the respect and the time and effort. RW doesn't need it anymore, after all!

A review of The Wall, is no longer a good representative of "progressive". Theatrical, for sure, but not "progressive". There is a difference.

Gosh I feel like Marlon Brando and want to scream STELLLLLLLAAA so bad around here! We need more freedom, not shackles of yesteryears favorites.

Edited by moshkito - October 15 2023 at 20:45
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2023 at 05:16
The younger generation have to create it themselves and then we won't understand it which is as it should be. The music industry is the problem not PA ffs.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2023 at 07:07
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The younger generation have to create it themselves and then we won't understand it which is as it should be. The music industry is the problem not PA ffs.
Hi,

Agreed to a point. However, the younger generation needs to be attuned to the new works and music, and in that sense, you are quite right ... the music industry is the problem.

I, however, while not trying to be cynical or silly, feel that every bit, is important ... and the more we do not spend validating new works, in many ways, this is like just allowing the industry a free hand. And you could say that the kids are hearing (here in Portland/Vancouver) Latino/Spanish music, Country and Western and then Rap over there! Since we do not spend a reasonable amount of time helping new music, I can see why the youngsters would go for something else that is on the radio dial.

In our days, almost all of it was NOT on the radio dial until the late 60's, but folks stuck to their music and design, and soon enough the FM radio band in America brought them all to the table ... and we revere them all these days. 

I suppose we could say that today's music is not good enough, although if we look at the threads on PA, I would say that the majority of folks here are not specifically interested in new music much ... they still go back and blurp about TW ... again ... like we need it!

We have to have more respect and appreciation for new music ... after all these new folks are "our children" and I simply find it crazy, ridiculous and bizarre ... that we don't care enough! It just doesn't add up!

Edited by moshkito - October 01 2023 at 07:07
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply