Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee Table Recs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisiblewasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coffee Table Recs
    Posted: September 27 2023 at 14:53
Hi all! 

Quick q: Does anyone have any recs on big coffee table books that are mostly beautiful photos? Obvisouly about Prog Rock. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 15:45
Got these, as well as "Revolutions in Sound" Warner Bros Records The First Fifty Years.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 02:52
I shouldn't do self-promotion, but some readers have described mine as a coffee table book, probably by the large quantity of pictures it contains (more than 500) and because it's not a must reading it from cover to cover in order, although I don't consider it as such myself.

BTW Amazon.com has it currently with a 24% discount on the normal retail price.

Edited by Gerinski - September 28 2023 at 06:38
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 03:39
There is Roger Dean's Visions (and some related), and with Pink Floyd there is Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains and Pink Floyd edited by Marcus Hearn.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 06:06
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Hi,

AND ... of course, the HIPGNOSIS ALBUM COVERS book is a must ... but those listed above are truly fantastic, and if you don't know what to look for in music after those books ... go home and go to sleep! You will end up wanting to hear more music off those covers than you ever imagined!

Edited by moshkito - September 28 2023 at 06:06
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 06:24
Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 06:39
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass.

That might look good on my coffee table next to The Ultimate Guide To Bass Fishing. When I read that I immediately thought of the fish. I guess you use a tuna fork to get the right sound out of a bass
 Post Reply Post Reply