Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Yes Album Super Deluxe Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Yes Album Super Deluxe Edition
    Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:06
New Yes album Super Deluxe edition out in November 

HOPEFULLY this will be a continuing trend with some more of their albums. (I'm looking at TFTO)
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:23
Hmm, this seems more to be for those who really want to have everything... I mean: I have the original LP, the original CD reissue, the remastered CD in the 2013 Rhino box-set and the Steven Wilson remixed CD/Blu-ray edition. I'm not really waiting for another reissue of the same. Neither am I very curious about all kinds of live renditions (Yessongs is doing it for me!) or outtakes, demos or alternative takes that generally are not up to what was officially released. So, what could this offer me, more than the exceptional original album, to buy it?

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:29
By purchasing an upgrade, I don't think I could squeeze any more pleasure from The YES album. I'm in heaven every time I listen to my copy.  
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:57
I have the LP, it's by no means my favorite Yes album, so I don't think i'd even really consider a purchase

Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 13:15
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

HOPEFULLY this will be a continuing trend with some more of their albums. (I'm looking at TFTO)

Great news, thank you. Every Yes album, up to Drama at least, deserves the same.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 22:54
I don't have the spare cash for these re-issues anymore so it will be a hard pass. I'm even having to pass on Keith Emerson's Variations box set which looks wonderful and also has some previously unreleased stuff and also Muse's Absolution reissue. Too much re-issues in general. How many times are you supposed to pay for more or less the same thing. I'm not even convinced its a masterpeice (TYA that is). Its got 3 great tracks and other stuff. Similarly Fragile. It was only CTTE that dispensed with the other stuff before they overstretched on TFTO and Relayer side 2 is not my favourite. After that it's back to inconsistency and eventual decline into pop era. Only Close To The Edge really deserves this treatment so I may consider that one when it eventually comes out.

Edited by richardh - October 05 2023 at 22:55
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 01:54
This is very tempting!

I might ask Santa Claus to get me this one. Smile
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 01:58
Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

This is very tempting!

I might ask Santa Claus to get me this one. Smile

Wouldn't it be sold out next december ?
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 02:00
Just checked its price...
almost 100 euros without PP

sorry not for me
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 04:24
I'd take one for Close to the Edge and Tales from Topographic Oceans. I consider GFTO their 3rd best, but I don't know if it deserves one of these. It'd be interesting to see though.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2023 at 16:44
https://youtu.be/Oeb6tWJwQpc?si=EEc8pL8d3TTvL8V1

Post Reply Post Reply