Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can we have a post your band thread?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can we have a post your band thread?
    Posted: October 27 2023 at 11:32
Would love a chance for us to celebrate each other by posting and discussing each other's projects. Show us what you've got!

I'll wait a bit before posting mine!
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 15:40
I've got a project going called 'Atmos' I'm releasing my debut album relatively soon, kinda atmospheric, I've got demos out for the second album already, and I've written a third, and started writing a fourth album.

My plan (subject to change) the albums released will go as such

'Atmos 1' (or Stardust, I haven't decided yet)
'Springsong'
'Delicate Hush' (I have started recording this as well, it will be a 42 part suite where it stands right now, about 2hrs)
'Sundown'

Depending on how lazy I am, the albums will vary in quality, I apologize for the vocals, there's a major learning curve with that. You need to learn to explore your voice. My channel is in my signature.

Besides, shouldn't this be in 'Music and Musicians Exchange'?
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 15:44
I'm playing keys on this.

Tree of Alchemy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 19:59
Impressive! I listened to a few of your videos on youtube and was surprised by how varied the textures were.

I know exactly what you mean in regards to vocals, it's something I've also struggled with a lot in my solo works. I've been debating taking vocal lessons to see if I can get some guidance. Have you ever tried lessons?

And yes you're probably right! I didn't think about it but a maybe a mod could move us over there if they feel inclined.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 20:01
Reminds me a lot of Zappa's WOIIFTM! What's the story behind this project?
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 21:14
Originally posted by Tree of Alchemy Tree of Alchemy wrote:

Impressive! I listened to a few of your videos on youtube and was surprised by how varied the textures were.

I know exactly what you mean in regards to vocals, it's something I've also struggled with a lot in my solo works. I've been debating taking vocal lessons to see if I can get some guidance. Have you ever tried lessons?

And yes you're probably right! I didn't think about it but a maybe a mod could move us over there if they feel inclined.

Thank you! I honestly used loops and stiff for a lot of it, just to see what I think would be possible, for the next one, I'll actually play instruments.

I haven't taken lessons, I think I just need time to figure out how my voice works and it's highs and lows, it takes time
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2023 at 22:30
I, for one, would enjoy a "post your band" thread! 

I have boxes of music that I have to digitize someday, I'll post something sometime!  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2023 at 08:33
I've made a bunch of silly eclectic electric prog albums since 2017; I think this is the song that I'm the most proud of:
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 01:54
Very cool!

And that it does, time and lots of experimenting to see what works and what doesn't.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 01:55
Please do!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 11:20
I have a one-person project that I've been composing music for since 1999:

I have another one-person project that is kind of just weird soundscapes and a deconstruction of the above project that I think I might switch gears and turn into an electronic ambient thing. It's been dormant the last three years.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 12:07
*crosspost from Prog News subforum

https://czyszy.bandcamp.com/album/lis-jonito-w-alei-czasu

New symph retro prog LP (in Polish)! Right now it's only up on Bandcamp, but I've Distrokid'd it so it's gonna appear on streaming soon.
Annette G. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annette G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 15:38

(...)  it's something I've also struggled with a lot in my solo works (...)

Let us hear some of your solo works! Please don't be shy Wink
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 15:55
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

I've made a bunch of silly eclectic electric prog albums since 2017; I think this is the song that I'm the most proud of:

I really enjoyed it! Would make for a killer video game boss fight song.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 16:02
Originally posted by Annette G. Annette G. wrote:

Sure! A lot of it is more on the electronic ambient side, i tend to use instrumentation and keys/modes that are more tranquil and hypnotic. I haven't done much with it in a couple years due to my attention mostly going to my band's endeavors but I've been sitting on material that I'd like to put together into a cohesive album at some point. Smile

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1W295TThu0znNSHnMFdri8?si=Fs8EtWXPTDO5Og8SOf-xrg

https://treeofalchemicalnotability.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Tree of Alchemy - October 29 2023 at 16:02
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 21:17
Here's the last full album I did:

And here's a preview of of the first track of the next one:

Edited by Epignosis - October 29 2023 at 21:19
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 21:22

Originally posted by Annette G. Annette G. wrote:

Sure! A lot of it is more on the electronic ambient side, i tend to use instrumentation and keys/modes that are more tranquil and hypnotic. I haven't done much with it in a couple years due to my attention mostly going to my band's endeavors but I've been sitting on material that I'd like to put together into a cohesive album at some point. Smile

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1W295TThu0znNSHnMFdri8?si=Fs8EtWXPTDO5Og8SOf-xrg

https://treeofalchemicalnotability.bandcamp.com/

I clicked on the peacock one and instantly fell in love. Incredibly stunning.  Clap
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2023 at 21:26
Listening to Lavender next.  Sort of Kate Bush meets "Olias of Sunhillow."

I think it's fair to say I like your stuff right off the bat, Tree from Maryland.

Edited by Epignosis - October 29 2023 at 21:28
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2023 at 03:20
I do enjoy composing stuff as a hobby, 1/3 Ozric Tentacles, 1/3 Porcupine Tree, 1/3 Blues :P

Edited by Deadwing - October 30 2023 at 03:23
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tree of Alchemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2023 at 12:53
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Here's the last full album I did:

And here's a preview of of the first track of the next one:

Man, really enjoyed yours too! Love the vibe, and I think it's very touching to make an album in memorial of your friend. You also do a great job of finding instrumentation that accompanies your voice well. I'll be on the lookout for the release of your next album!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>