Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ginger Wizard & The Peter Jacksons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadSza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ginger Wizard & The Peter Jacksons
    Posted: December 11 2023 at 09:42
Hi all! We just dropped a new 7inch on Stoned To Death & Tharn Records.
Heavily influenced by Bo Hansson and Popol Vuh around "Salipreisung" era...
Thanks for checking out!

https://gingerwizard.bandcamp.com/album/can-i-choose-my-own-psychopompos-hlessi

https://open.spotify.com/artist/01mRrB0zLROBujhJAnZ20k?si=i8hsEdmiTqaZiMGpAIWM-w

Have a good one!
GW
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2023 at 15:33
Are you suggesting your band for inclusion in the archives, or just advertising the new EP to encourage our members to listen to it?

If you are suggesting your band for inclusion, then there is a set of guidelines which needs to be met before the suggestion will be considered, which you can read here: https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122381.

If you are just encouraging folks to listen to the new 7-inch, then you should really have posted in the 'Get The Word Out' forum rather than here.

Anyhow, a bit more info about the project wouldn't do any harm , so I've copied this text from the Stoned To Death Records Facebook page:

"Ginger Wizard & The Peter Jacksons - Can I Choose My Own Psychopompos? / Hlessi (2023, 7" + 4 page RPG game).

Ginger Wizard (aka Prague based musician Radomír Szajter) began his journey in a kitchen filled with rolling tobacco smoke, buzz of a semi working tape player and smell of home fermented kimchi. Next to that kitchen is a library filled with action figures, board games, fantasy books and most importantly large collection of Tolkien literature, all of which is huge inspirational source for the Radomír Szajter fictional world, which he brought to life last year on his debut album "Feast For the Dead King". Szajter also accompanied the album with a short story he has written to extend his musical universum. His self recorded effort introduced Szajter's large appetite for 60's and 70's psychedelic music, especially that of Swedish origin.

Whilst on the debut album Szajter played or programmed most of the instruments (except hurdy gurdy) himself, Ginger Wizard's newest effort was recorded with Prague based ensemble known as The Peter Jacksons, in which you can find members of Raw Deal / Altbau or Tomáš Palucha / Orient. With the full band, Ginger Wizard now dances on the joyous edge of semi improvised psychedelic rock we admire on acts such as Pärson Sounds or Hansson & Karlsson.

Ginger Wizard's newest ep (partially inspired by Richard Adams Watership Down) is now out on 7” in edition of 250 copies and accompanied by a 4 page RPG game created by Szajter himself. The EP is co-released with Tharn Records, Szajter's own imprint.

All artwork and graphic design was created by longtime Stoned to Death aficionado Kateřina Miturová."

The EP is only 2 tracks, stretching to 11 minutes 26, which is too short for the band to be considered for inclusion based solely on this one release, but I guess if it was bundled together with the 8-track release from last year recorded without the Peter Jacksons, which was 22 minutes 15 long, there is just about enough material overall.

I guess this would be something for the PSIKE (Psych/Space) team to look into.
 Post Reply Post Reply