Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arctic Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arctic Air
    Posted: January 13 2024 at 07:31
Currently 2ºF in Kansas City from a blast of arctic air yesterday. Low tonight forecast for -11ºF. Same temperatures forecast for the next five days. KC Chiefs have a playoff game tonight in KC. Climate change is bringing extreme weather.

Stay warm and go Chiefs!

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - January 13 2024 at 07:34
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 08:11
^ blaming climate change for typical arctic blasts? Guess you don't look at historical records, huh?

I grew up in the Midwest. There were weather blasts like that every year of my life. Hardly atypical.

Lowest Temperatures in Kansas City History

Rank Temperature Date
1 -23 °F December 23, 1989
1 -23 °F December 22, 1989
3 -22 °F February 12, 1899
4 -21 °F December 22, 1983
4 -21 °F February 13, 1905
6 -20 °F January 12, 1912
6 -20 °F February 9, 1899
8 -19 °F February 6, 1982
8 -19 °F February 11, 1899
10 -18 °F December 21, 1989
10 -18 °F December 19, 1983
12 -17 °F December 24, 1983
12 -17 °F December 20, 1983
12 -17 °F January 10, 1982
15 -16 °F December 15, 1989
15 -16 °F December 25, 1983
15 -16 °F January 12, 1918
15 -16 °F January 11, 1918
15 -16 °F February 12, 1905
20 -15 °F December 18, 1983
20 -15 °F January 5, 1924
20 -15 °F January 24, 1894
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'844e9164ea6e1726',t:'MTcwNTE1ODY0Ni42NTkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 09:12
^You may want to read this, although you don't seem to believe in climate change.

And why don't you fix your posts so they aren't littered with garbage text? There was a thread that explained how to get rid of it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/whats-behind-the-arctic-blast-plunging-into-the-u-s/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 10:23
^ the climate has been changing every moment of its entire existence

I’m a scientist who practices the scientific method

Scientific American is a consensus rag that only cherry picks studies while ignoring opposing ones

Climate predictions are based solely on computer programs and there are hundreds of variations and propagandist mags such as SA only choose to present one

In the scientific world that’s called fraud

Of course for convenience sake many are too lazy to dig deeper to find all the data

Other omissions from scientific rags:

All the planets in the solar system are undergoing the exact changes
Solar activity is the leading engine of climate patterns
Geoengineering is responsible for many exaggerated events

As far as arctic fronts are concerned I miss them not having experienced minus fifty degree weather and salute you from California where it’s currently a frigid 55

Tag on coding is a function of a pisspoor site owner so blame him for the negligence of this valuable resource we call PA

Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 10:32
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Cool! Mind telling me where you went to school and what company do you work for?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 10:52
^ I started at a local university and after a few years discovered that the curriculum was inconsistent so I dropped out and taught myself

In order to grasp the bigger picture required a system sciences approach that included myriad disciplines of knowledge

I’m 100% sovereign and independent in every way

I do not work for any other corporate fiction nor do I contract with the corporate doppelgänger masquerading as a government

None of that matters though

All one needs to do is research money trails and patents

Who funds a given scientific inquiry and who owns the patent

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 11:25

^ I started at a local university and after a few years discovered that the curriculum was inconsistent so I dropped out and taught myself

Thanks, that was all that was necessary. To put a cynical spin on it, I would suggest you dropped out because the curriculum proved too difficult for you, and/or the curriculum did not jibe with your conspiratorial prec-conceived notions. 

The fact is, 2023 was the warmest year on record (Fact. Provable. Not flat-earth nonsense.). The overheating of the earth in the past 150+ years is man-made, and not cylical and natural. Another fact is "The 10 warmest years since 1850 have all occurred in the past decade. In fact, the average global temperature for 2023 exceeded the pre-industrial (1850–1900) average by 2.43 degrees F (1.35 degrees C)." Also, this climate change is causing wild temperature fluctuations as well as unprecedented natural disaster events. 

So don't wear that tinfoil hat too long. Your brain might boil. 

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 12:32

<snip>
I started at a local university and after a few years discovered that the curriculum was inconsistent so I dropped out and taught myself
So, you're probably as much of a scientist as your favourite Alaskan judge was a judge. Ermm
I hope you're not going to promote your antisemitic conspiracy theories here again.

Edited by suitkees - January 13 2024 at 12:33

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 17:34
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Thanks, that was all that was necessary. To put a cynical spin on it, I would suggest you dropped out because the curriculum proved too difficult for you, and/or the curriculum did not jibe with your conspiratorial prec-conceived notions. 

The fact is, 2023 was the warmest year on record (Fact. Provable. Not flat-earth nonsense.). The overheating of the earth in the past 150+ years is man-made, and not cylical and natural. Another fact is "The 10 warmest years since 1850 have all occurred in the past decade. In fact, the average global temperature for 2023 exceeded the pre-industrial (1850–1900) average by 2.43 degrees F (1.35 degrees C)." Also, this climate change is causing wild temperature fluctuations as well as unprecedented natural disaster events. 

Actually none of what you cite is provable which means you do not understand how science actually works. I dropped out because of corruption and the fact that mere theories with no conclusive evidence were being sold as fact. So i continued under the tutelage of those who have kept science pure without corporate interference. I have several PHD's worth of studies under my belt outside of the controlled system.

You are merely parroting what you've read / heard and really have no idea how these conclusions came to be or the alternative theories that have been suppressed by corporate media. Try to find the evidence and the actual studies of what you just presented. They don't exist.

My initial comment was directed at the claim that -11 degrees F in Kansas City is not extreme weather. I used NOAA's own records to completely smash that claim as there have been numerous cases well over 100 years ago. Such chicken little claims that common events are extreme when it happens often are why REAL environmental problems don't get taken seriously. Yeah of course NOAA is a tinfoil hat organization LMFAO LOLLOLLOL

It really doesn't matter if i'm the most radical treehuggin' Earthfirster or the staunchest conservative shouting drill baby drill. All of that is totally irrelevant to my obvious evidence that is contrary to Mr Grumpy's sky is falling claims that a typical Arctic blast is extreme.

In my childhood i experienced these nearly every year.

Responses such as yours are about as emotionally driven and factually devoid as it gets.

And the fact you simply call others names like a little child only showcases your insecurity and how you really don't have the capability to engage in such complex topics.

In fact it's so juvenille it's hilarious
LOL

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8451b6905ef59e76',t:'MTcwNTE5MTYyNi4zNjcwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 18:55

Actually none of what you cite is provable which means you do not understand how science actually works. 

You are merely parroting what you've read / heard and really have no idea how these conclusions came to be or the alternative theories that have been suppressed by corporate media. 

Put down the crack pipe, Mr. Mad Flunked Scientist. I am not debating the issue. It's maroons like you that are the problem, and I am frankly sick of your erroneous ilk -- the whole lot of your anti-vax, flat earth, antiscience, epistemic bubbleheads. Sit in your echo chamber and bounce your flawed ideas about to no one in particular.

"Corporate media" says the guy who gets all his information from YouTube. LOL

In fact it's so juvenille it's hilarious LOL

You mean like color-coding your posts like a child with a crayon, or ending each post with a paragraph worth of code? 

Edited by The Dark Elf - January 13 2024 at 19:04
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 19:12

Actually none of what you cite is provable which means you do not understand how science actually works. 

You are merely parroting what you've read / heard and really have no idea how these conclusions came to be or the alternative theories that have been suppressed by corporate media. 

Put down the crack pipe, Mr. Mad Flunked Scientist. I am not debating the issue. It's maroons like you that are the problem, and I am frankly sick of your erroneous ilk -- the whole lot of your anti-vax, flat earth, antiscience, epistemic bubbleheads. Sit in your echo chamber and bounce your flawed ideas about to no one in particular.

Ah, typical. You can bark like a dog but you can't send me verifiable evidence. You just want to hear yourself yap like a chihuahua. All talk, no substance. Yadda yadda. Did you know it has been discussed many times to ban you from the forum for your behavior? Looks like it's coming sooner rather than later. YAY!!!

"Corporate media" says the guy who gets all his information from YouTube. LOL

In fact it's so juvenille it's hilarious LOL

You mean like color-coding your posts like a child with a crayon, or ending each post with a paragraph worth of code?

You are just so mature in your demeanor that i am in awe. What did i deserve to grace myself with such a magnanimous personality? I must give extra thanks to the universe for such a blessing. LOLLOLLOL
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'845256eddc9a67cb',t:'MTcwNTE5ODE5NC45NjUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 20:14

arctic air

Hi,

It's about 17 over here outside and won't let up until late tonite when it gets to the mid 20's.

As for educational buhaha ... no comment ... I got to see the highest level of academia from many parts of the world ... and well ... but in my case the federales moved into Santa Barbara and my tuition for grad school would be doubled, and I was already working 40 hours to pay for schooling! Channel diesel got a hold of Santa Barbara from that day on! (diesel was half price then ... )
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 20:59
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

arctic air

Hi,

It's about 17 over here outside and won't let up until late tonite when it gets to the mid 20's.

As for educational buhaha ... no comment ... I got to see the highest level of academia from many parts of the world ... and well ... but in my case the federales moved into Santa Barbara and my tuition for grad school would be doubled, and I was already working 40 hours to pay for schooling! Channel diesel got a hold of Santa Barbara from that day on! (diesel was half price then ... )

It's really a matter of either paying a lot to learn and read what someone else tells you OR pay nothing (except for reading material of course) and learn everything, all sides, all angles and then some. Nothing wrong with the former if a career is what one chooses but if one only seeks knowledge for one's own purposes outside of the limitations of a mostly corrupted system, then the indie route is sooooooo the way to go ;)  Of course it really depends on the area of discipline you seek.

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8452f23eeaebf9d0',t:'MTcwNTIwNDU1Ni43MDEwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 21:17

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

[QUOTE=siLLy puPPy]
arctic air

Hi,

It's really a matter of either paying a lot to learn and read what someone else tells you OR pay nothing (except for reading material of course) and learn everything, all sides, all angles and then some. Nothing wrong with the former if a career is what one chooses but if one only seeks knowledge for one's own purposes outside of the limitations of a mostly corrupted system, then the indie route is sooooooo the way to go ;)  Of course it really depends on the area of discipline you seek.

And BRRRR! I escaped the Midwest and now am happy to pay too much where it rarely freezes.

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'845311729912cf7e',t:'MTcwNTIwNTgzNC43NzUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2024 at 21:29
Pretty cold, where I live the weather changes so rapidly. 50 degrees within the course of a day (it's happened before here) I just guess what the weather will be like. 2F is plenty cold for me, I prefer warm weather, 80, maybe 85F , maybe even 90F sounds good to me
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2024 at 05:33
I thought Arctic Air was a band name when I saw the title. It's been really cold here after being very unseasonably warm. It's been so cold that the Arctic Monkeys have been forced to migrate to Mexico (or maybe that was because they ran out of tequila). It's warmer than it has been now, only minus 11 degrees Celsius. One nice thing is when I go for walks I'm less likely to run into those annoying Lizard people from the constellation Draco who I suspect have been guiding us to heat up the planet since they are cold-blooded. (j/k)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2024 at 06:52

Hi,

Santa Barbara (UCSB) did not have a good Theater Department ... their idea of success was to do a well known play, so the guy from the News Press would review it as the most pretentious piece of ... yeah!!! One original play I directed, btw, got me on the wrong side of the Department ... I got a very generous and outstanding review for the direction I did on the 2nd portion of the play. I went all out and did lights, theater, action, bombs, you name it ... and it was appreciated.

At the time, I was, and still am, into experimental theater, and had also done "Escuriel" (Michel de Ghelderode) to an outstanding review, and the Department did not like the fact I was not helping their "stature" by ignoring it.

They didn't want me in the Graduate Program because I liked empty sets and was told that I could not direct a "living room" piece, and one final doing Pinter I blew them off ... the smoke rings, should have been grass, not cigarettes to make the point bigger! But no one knew how to work with silence and the "no action" moments ... I had a party with those!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2024 at 07:22
@ Logan - i thought it was a band suggestion thread. Arctic Air wouldn't make a bad band name. Hehe

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8456880a8b7996c0',t:'MTcwNTI0MjE0OS41OTUwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2024 at 07:45
PA is doing its part in generating enough hot air to counter anything Artic.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2024 at 10:48
We're forecast to drop down to 13°F in central Pennsylvania. Tuesday night is supposed to drop down to 9°F. We used to get more of these. In fact, 20 years ago we routinely had about two months of temperatures that generally peaked in the 20s (°F), and nowadays it lasts for 1-2 weeks. Unseasonably warm is becoming the normal. I think the USDA plant hardiness zones have changed twice in this region the last two decades. I can't complain about local weather as I'm not a fan of the cold since I've grown older and generally hate dealing with snow, but I do realize that this is going to have some severe impacts on all of us in the decades to come. Humans are more reactive than proactive. That's going to bite us in the butt down the road.

Let's see what happens to a house made out of hot dogs.

Edited by progaardvark - January 14 2024 at 10:57
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply