Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD- Cruise to the Edge 2024 (Balcony Cabin)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yachtrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD- Cruise to the Edge 2024 (Balcony Cabin)
    Posted: January 24 2024 at 18:55
Looks like we have a buyer for the cabin. Cheers!

Hello fellow prog rock fans. I don't see any mention of this floating fest on the forum, but hopefully there are a few fans out there. My wife and I bought tickets to Cruise to the Edge back in 2020 which, as you might imagine, got postponed due to Covid. We then could not make the 2022 cruise either and they let us slide until 2024. And now, won't you know it, we can NOT make the upcoming Carribean cruise on March 8th out of Miami either. And they won't let us postpone a second time.

So I am posting our cabin for resale here in case any of you were looking for a five day music filled winter getaway on the crystal blue seas in six weeks! The cruise has been SOLD OUT since last fall.

https://cruisetotheedge.com/itinerary/

March 8-13, 2024 out of Port of Miami
Stopping in Jamaica and Grand Cayman

https://cruisetotheedge.com/lineup/

25 stellar bands scheduled to perform (we are very bummed to miss Haken, Flying Colors, Stick Men and Symphony X).

Balcony cabin 9104 is available, double occupancy (two people) on Deck 9
Total price $5586.12 (this is the exact amount we paid including a "paid in full" discount)

We will cover the $299 transfer fee for being doofuses and unable to go. You would pay the rest.

DEADLINE is February 7th to transfer cabin registrations. It is all done through the company. Please PM me here or email [email protected] to chat with my wife or I.

Thanks for looking and rock on!

Edited by yachtrock - January 25 2024 at 15:47
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2024 at 23:24
Can't help out although I would love to go but worth noting that Big Big Train are also involved. It's a stellar line up

Edited by richardh - January 24 2024 at 23:25
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 00:36
Quote Total price $5586.12 (this is the exact amount we paid including a "paid in full" discount)
it feels so weird to see someone living at the verge of poverty in a 3rd world east-central European country (me) and a wealthy person who can afford a cruise like this on the very same forum.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 05:24
Hi,

Not sure I would go on any of these cruises ... maybe I would if Edgar Froese had a revival, or a Klaus Schulze special show ... PH/VdGG would be a nice touch (he needs to stop ...he's ripping himself apart now!) ... but for that price it would wipe a good chunk off my 401K ... and I don't feel comfortable for that ... although I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of those, but all in all ... I'd sleep on at least half of those folks.

For that price, I expect the meals to be included, and I don't mean McDonald's either! Good thing I don't drink!

Edited by moshkito - January 25 2024 at 05:25
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 05:40
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Good thing I don't drink!

I would strongly recommend that you startWink
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 07:09
My wife and I love cruises.

Unfortunately my wife doesn't love prog Confused

So I doubt I'll ever go on one of these.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 10:35
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Good thing I don't drink!

I would strongly recommend that you startWink

Hi,

Haha ... nice ... I can't even remember the last time I had a beer, or a glass of wine ... just don't drink the stuff at all.

Mind you I drink a lot of progressive music!!!!!LOL
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2024 at 22:40

Hi,

Not sure I would go on any of these cruises ... maybe I would if Edgar Froese had a revival, or a Klaus Schulze special show ... PH/VdGG would be a nice touch (he needs to stop ...he's ripping himself apart now!) ... but for that price it would wipe a good chunk off my 401K ... and I don't feel comfortable for that ... although I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of those, but all in all ... I'd sleep on at least half of those folks.

For that price, I expect the meals to be included, and I don't mean McDonald's either! Good thing I don't drink!

You know you can't take it with you Wink

I've only done one cruise (my parents paid and it was for my 50th). I enjoyed it immensely, got to see a Fjord (at 60 miles much longer than I expected!) and visit the city where Grieg was born. Food was included but that can be dangerous! Funny though how many people take tins of baked beans on a cruise (and other holidays)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2024 at 03:18
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Hi,

You know you can't take it with you Wink

I've only done one cruise (my parents paid and it was for my 50th). I enjoyed it immensely, got to see a Fjord (at 60 miles much longer than I expected!) and visit the city where Grieg was born. Food was included but that can be dangerous! Funny though how many people take tins of baked beans on a cruise (and other holidays)

Hi,

I plan on cruising with the music a lot more before I'm done ... probably leave a few K behind for the dumping my ashes in the dark side of the moon!
www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 08:50
I think I'll have a beer in less than 1 hour since now. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 19:26
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Quote Total price $5586.12 (this is the exact amount we paid including a "paid in full" discount)
it feels so weird to see someone living at the verge of poverty in a 3rd world east-central European country (me) and a wealthy person who can afford a cruise like this on the very same forum.

It is very weird, but consider some of us live in areas where the average one bedroom rent is around $2,500 a month.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 23:25
Originally posted by Loss King Loss King wrote:

It is very weird
that's true
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply